ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

How will the Ukraine war end?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, Mar 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Rebels win,Eastern Ukraine goes independent

78 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Putin invades Kiev, NATO doesn't move

40 vote(s)
    26.5%
  3. Putin invades Kiev, NATO fights Russia

8 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Rebels lose, Ukraine stays united

25 vote(s)
    16.6%
  1. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Using a proxies to make a state coup - is (in fact) invasion.
    Really not. We can not "invade" in our own territory (even temporary chaotised), as UK can not "invade" in Scotland or in Falkled islands.

2. The only people who believe that need a reality check
    Russia guaranteed Ukrainian sovereignty and broke that promise

• Like Like x 1
  3. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Typical British discussion. Everybody who have opinion different from official - "need a reality check".

And "Ukraine" guaranteed it's neutral status and, first, broke that promise, that cancel our guaranteed.
    Also, in the first paragraph of Budapest Mémorandum (if you mean it) was declared "end of Cold War". Restart of Cold War also mean denonsation of Memorandum.
    Another West violation of promise about non-expansion of NATO, make any promises to NATO (including SMRBM-treaty and non-proliferation treaty) inactive.

4. Those who blindly follow Russian propaganda need a reality check. Those who believe it need new underpants and pencils
    How? Source?
    A unilateral declaration of Cold War 2 by Russia?
    There was no promise to do such a thing and Russia agreed not to have 'areas of influence'

5. So you have no proof then.

You usually quick to respond but it took you quite some time relatively speaking to come with this post and this is the best you can do. Sheeesh.

It's nothing. It's just a stream of statements with no basis in reality.

I asked you to prove your claims of fascism and to do this you would have to show how any of characteristics, personalities, policies, actions etc., of Ukraine meet the criteria of fascism within the conventionally held definition of it.

You haven't. Claiming for instance the use of 'slava Ukraini, heroyim slava' is proof is just rubbish since it's become a commonly used phrase in Ukraine. Glory to Ukraine - Wikipedia

So I think I can conclude you can't prove it. QED. Nya nya nyanya nya.

If anything, Russia shows more of those traits with its authoritarian government, rubber stamp parliament, an authoritarian Putin with a macho culture, always looking for enemies outside of Russia, concentration of power within a small clique, almost a one party state, militarism, limits on free speech and press, etc.,

As it says in the great book. "Look at thine self you knob".

And this next piece of fanciful conspiracy theory, proof please of it being official NATO policy. But maybe you shouldn't waste your time because you can't:

And this is a typically morally superior Yars comment.

You know, Heydrich probably considered himself superior and cultured as well. Something you seem to think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

Not that old bit of transparent propaganda baloney.

Even @KGB_resident couldn't show proof for that Kremlin inspired agitprop.

7. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Oh, my dear organism. Thank you for creating of material for my future book "1488 shadows of British ignorance". I have more that enough proofs to make my own opinion. Our state structures are gathering info to the future Trial. But, of course, they are "insufficient" for British lawless "judjement", that can't send to us well known terrorists like Ahmed Zakaev.
    I can piss in your eyes, and you will say that it is morning dew.
    In the thread about Baltic there are example of NATO-made propaganda-video, with heroisation of Waffen-SS "soldier", murder of Russians, Jews and Communists.

8. Oh I see, still no proof, just a lot of words.

Just because you say something, it doesn't make it a fact.

I think we here can all see that you're head is just full of half baked kapusta and kovbasa mixed in with samohonka fumes. Not a rational thought in there at all.

9. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Wow! It was used as slogan by UPA and other Nazi-collaborants. Before 2014 it was used only by "ultra-nazionalists" and "Neo-Nazi". After Nazi coup in 2014 it became wide spread as marker of state Nazi-politic.

10. YarS

YarS On ROPs

@Zemlyak , can you find here any allusions on facism (especially from 7-th minute)

11. [​IMG]

You stupid kapusta brained vodka soaked boy.

Is this meant to be proof of something?

The film is based on a stage production of Shakeapeare's play re-imagined within a 30s period using nazi and authoratarian imagery as a backdrop for a story of power and evil.

Richard III (1995 film) - Wikipedia

Richard III (play) - Wikipedia

You have heard of Shakespeare haven't you? Maybe you are aware of he theatrical device to re-set plays into contemporary settings to re-tell the story and make it more relevant. It doesn't mean they're espousing fascist sympathies, especially the lead actor.

Or do you like your films 'missionary style'? I can see that you and your kapusta brained vodka soaked friends aren't as educated as you think. Pah, ti ne kulturniy yollop.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  12. Well done. Yes it was. And?

And other Nazi collaborators such as these didn't use it:

Russian Liberation Army - Wikipedia

Russian collaborationism with the Axis powers - Wikipedia

Collaboration with the Axis Powers during World War II - Wikipedia

If it was, does that mean those using it now a fascists? I don't think so.

Really?

That's you clutching at straws. It does not mean that at all, if those using it are not fascist or that the state is not fascist in nature.

You keeping using this as supposed evidence just shows that you have none and how weak your argument is.

Look at your own country you kapusta brained vodka soaked boy if you are worried about fascism.

13. YarS

YarS On ROPs

And if modern Germans will start wide use words "Heil Hitler" "Sieg Heil!" and to kill Jews in death camps it will be (at least for me) evidence of reborn of German facism.

14. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Well. So, in some situations you can recognize fascism or allusions on it. So, what is a reason of your selective blindness? I can suggest that it is becouse of your own Russophoby.

15. Maybe and quite likely that it would be an indicator.

But you'd also have to add in all the other characteristics of a fascist state to then class it as fascist.

So look at your own country first, and see what you can there about the authoritarianism, macho Putin worship, militarism, enemies under your bed, having control over your near abroad, invading other countries, that's you guys. the characteristics of fascism right there. You fascists.

Can't you see. The Kremlin calls others fascists as a means of making them sound less than legitimate and to make them a target for hate. And you soak it up.

But you're too much of a kapusta brained vodka soaked yollop to figure that out.