ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

How will the Ukraine war end?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, Mar 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Rebels win,Eastern Ukraine goes independent

80 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Putin invades Kiev, NATO doesn't move

42 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Putin invades Kiev, NATO fights Russia

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Rebels lose, Ukraine stays united

25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. I think the thing to keep in mind is that the Kremlin was planting seeds in very fertile ground. This is the elephant in the room which keeps being ignored.

• Like Like x 1
  2. One side will win. One side will lose. There will be lots of people asking for money and kids will be starving to death. The end of the war will be followed by a very hard winter and more people and children will die of cold and starvation.

There will be a flood of Ukrainian girls working as hookers in Dubai, Kuwait, Saudi.... etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Merci beaucoup, mon cher frère!

4. There's planting seed, and there's sending in agitators, organisers and muscle to take over an area. In the case of Crimea, actual troops.

I accept there was a significant pro Russian element but how much of this would have sided with 'separatism' is debatable. Girkin himself complained of insufficient local support in Donbas for his escapade.

5. As Lenin quipped, 'useful idiots'.

6. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Typical Modern British way of discussion, when everybody with his/her own opinion, and his/her own interests declared as "idiot".

7. Well indeed. I think the Ukraine government could have crushed them eventually had Russia not supported them.

Stating that makes Russia wrong without a justification that doesn't also legitimise other deplorable actions while not sanctioning our own opens a whole can of worms.

8. A bit like you calling Ukrainians who don't want to live under the Soviet Russian yolk ''banderlogs" and refuse to believe that there are Nazis in Russia calling it 'fake'?

9. Agreed. I'm not being blind to some of the actions of our own governments.

To add, if the Ukrainian gov't of whichever persuasion throughout the years had actually worked to better the lot of its citizens whether Russian or Ukrainian speaking then much of this could have been avoided including even the Maidan protest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was Lenin who said it first. Argue with him, or his legacy.

And as @scalieback pointed out, you're not exactly open to differing viewpoints, and actual facts, yourself.

11. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Why not? I can read your point of view (just for lulz), and, may be, I'll not call you an "idiot" (useful, or useless). I know, that you have your own interests and your own "point of view" (collapsed "angle of view").

12. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Fans of Bandera are "banderlogs".

There are some Nazies in Russia. But they are not one of the powers in modern Donbass or Russia. Something like faggots - everybody know that they are exist, but they are hidden.

13. If Russians and Ukrainians are the same people, does that not make you a Banderlog?

Yeah, okay :rolleyes: A bit like there being no Russian troops in E Ukraine. Pity about all that signature kit and Cargo 200 trucks. Forced to a standstill by some boy scouts, old men and older generation of the same kit.

As before, I'd be careful of some of the phrases you use.

14. You may be reading my and others point of view, but you're not accepting because you're seeing what you want to see because you're blinkered and arrogant in your sense of superiority.

You think everyone else is wrong unless they accept your myths and distortions. An example is calling the Kyiv gov't fascists when you can not show they are and just accept Kremlin propaganda on this.

You seem to have an overarching apocalyptic view and want to 'solve' problems by 'smashing' the enemy and I bet you have visions of 'terminator' style wars when you think this.

You see all in the west as heretics, a very old fashioned view of religion and the world. You're on the same level as ISIS.

You consider Russia to be morally superior therefore everyone else must be doing wrong, since only Russia is right. But morals are subjective. To a Muslim extremist you're a Kafir and they are morally superior to you. To an aetheist they would think you unreasoning to believe in a god. To a humanist they may see you as an unreasoning stubborn reactionary. To a modern day 'westerner' you're a throwback to the days a 18th century Russian village that hadn't gone past beating wives and seeing strangers as enemies. To some arrsers you may be a retard.

If i recall, you even said you'd prefer to see your children die than have them become westernised, or something similar.

So out of a false sense of hubris, don't start accusing us of being stupid or not knowing anything. You've shown quite well the sort of person you are and it's not something to be admired, even though that wouldn't mean anything to you.

15. It's time to show with evidence that Ukraine is run by Nazis and fascists.

If you can't then I'll just deem you've stupidly accepted and believe Kremlin propaganda.