Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was YOUR Day ?

TheManFromWem

Old-Salt
How was YOUR day ??
Typical day overseas, Armed Forces style (60;s-70;s and later)
foo-03sue-18053-001.jpg

Got out my pit, had a bit of scran in the mess, dropped my kit off with the dhobi Wallah, had a quick shuftie at the bints on the camp,,, then did a bit of bondu bashing and Oggin Troggin' ( the shoes didnt like the wet )....with my new boots, went to the camp Stack (Astra) to take the mickey out of Loadmasters, Henlow fitting Party, and siggies.....finally grabbed some kip, then next day, did the same....merry xmas...........

Last edited:

Teeblerone

Old-Salt
I'm having a really big poo.
Finished the paperwork yet?

I woke up at 04:00 for no good reason, not even a slash, went back to kip at 06:30 and had lewd dreams.
Ate toast, reduced baked-goods from the Co-op in lieu of properdinner, talked bollocks to a mate, more kip and am fecking awake again.
I also found out that a great-great-grandfather was Welsh. It's been an interesting day.

Woke up at 0357Hrs, stumbled downstairs, opened the side gate, and dragged the 2 bins ( Garden waste and recyclable) up the drive to the edge of the pavement ready for collection, as I did the 3 flood lights kicked in, just as a lone car slowly cruised past, the look I got from the driver was priceless. Went back to bed. woke up at 0730 hrs to the smell of bacon grilling, the Doris always does a bacon sandwich on bin days,...I do lead a fun filled action packed life.....I must get out more!

Got home from night duty just after 0700, straight to bed after kissing MrsHogg good morning and feeding the guinea pig. Up at 12, bit of personal admin, off to Boots for my flu jab and nipped next door to Specsavers to book an eye test (have to wear glasses for driving (old bastard!) :D) bit of shopping on the way home and spend the rest of the day at home with my feet up - the lifestyles of the rich and famous! :D

Got home from night duty just after 0700, straight to bed after kissing MrsHogg good morning and feeding the guinea pig. Up at 12, bit of personal admin, off to Boots for my flu jab and nipped next door to Specsavers to book an eye test (have to wear glasses for driving (old bastard!) :D) bit of shopping on the way home and spend the rest of the day at home with my feet up - the lifestyles of the rich and famous! :D

You'll really need specsavers if you ever get home, kiss the guinea pig good morning, then feed the missus

TheManFromWem

Old-Salt
different day........................try saving a]each peach to while wawwy the hours, this onev 0900 this one 1100 etc,,,,,,,,,squrttby bity 18.50.......good post, cheers ,h5uk
loved the reply by the way,,,,probably a poor title to my post when it should have been better........regards and merry xmas from h6uk.....howard in the uk..............
Woke up at 0357Hrs, stumbled downstairs, opened the side gate, and dragged the 2 bins ( Garden waste and recyclable) up the drive to the edge of the pavement ready for collection, as I did the 3 flood lights kicked in, just as a lone car slowly cruised past, the look I got from the driver was priceless. Went back to bed. woke up at 0730 hrs to the smell of bacon grilling, the Doris always does a bacon sandwich on bin days,...I do lead a fun filled action packed life.....I must get out more!
to A signaller.......good post, what we thinkas mundane is a large part of our lves.........My high spot is doing the Dhobi on Monday at 16.30b hours, thats the only time the Housing Association lets us do it...and im paying £600 per month for the peasure, anyhow, enjoed reading and seasons greetings, apols for any typos, no exceuse, im 83..born 1937..................

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Up at 7, bins out cup of tea.
Appointment at Docs this morning.
After that I’ll be having breakfast, watching some woodturning videos, I’ve nearly finished my first piece on my new lathe yesterday, just needs sanding and some finishing applied to it. It’s a tea light holder.
I only started playing with it last week,(the fecking lathe) practising cuts, setting it up, so much to remember but I’m actually enjoying it. Gives a retired chap something to learn and do and show for the day.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I tried calling some historians to see if they could erase the stain, but no joy.
:(
Get some left-wing protesters. They can erase history.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Woke up. Smacked a few people in Johannesburg. Caught a plane home. Went to Lidl. Shortly I'll pop a xanax, go to the gym then fly to Zurich for a spot of rehab. Then I'll go for a walk. Then I'll fly back from Zurich, go to the gym again, then go shopping, maybe in London. Then I'll have me dinner and this evening I'll build an empire.

Same as every day.

Some of the above is real life.

Latest Threads