How was Annual Camp?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by diehard57, Oct 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a former Territorial and still interested in how the old firm is doing, most units will by now have had their Annual Camp - so how was yours?

Did you go orienteering in Otterburn? Tabbing around Thetford? Shooting in Sennybridge? Walking in Warcop? Skiving on Salisbury Plain?

Where did you go and what did you get up to? How would you rate it out of 10?

2. 2 weeks in Germany done my MPCA Cse still made it out to the local oktober fest :p yeah wasnt a bad camp give it a 7-8 out of 10
  3. 2weeks in oakhampton again .Some one please nuke dartmoor its not valuable national wildeness its an uphill sheep toilet . If my transfer dosent come through I think its endex for me.
  4. Very realistic, did a 2 week composite g1/g4 Bde exercise, just like it was pre SDR. Although many toms complained about it, skiing and adventure training is more their cup of tea
  5. Two weeks in Albania; used as political pawns, administered by 4 para, gated for the fortnight...not much more can be said!
  6. 2 weeks in Scotland! Various range packages, AT and lots of Phys, very good!
  7. Two weeks working with Spam SF and Airborne (Hooorp) , who we brassed up good and hard then robbed blind :D

Excellent camp , well run by the Bod in charge, in spite of the best efforts of those below him to park morale in the toilet
  8. hurry up and wait I'm afraid - still, the cans in the back of the truck dulled the experience and it was two weeks away from work and family.
  9. 5 days of MATTS( ITD's in old money) and the rest doing what 2 Sig Bde do best, comms. It went well for us but the other regiments paled in comparison( apparently).
  10. I'm sure they say that to everyone!!
  11. I'm sure they did, but in our case it would appear to be true..... :wink:
  12. Two weeks ex griffin focus, large mosquitoes lots of cow sh!t and wet and windy. But It was still a good crack, I would give it a 8/10 not bad.
  13. Ahh your not in my Regt then. I missed the 2 Bde Camp so therefore (and it should go without saying) my Regt were somewhat lacking.

Now wheres my trumpet, it needs blowing
  14. Two Weeks in Czech Republic with the Army paying for the booze. Its a hard life :D
  15. Ex Griffin Focus for me as well. As Monster said, it was wet and windy although we just about managed to rig up a TV for the World Cup even if we had to keep fiddling with the aerial every 2 minutes 8O .

Still good fun and made up for lost beer consumption when we recovered to the TAC :lol: