How warm are you?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Queensman, Sep 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's nothing nicer than an Indian Summer, but, fecking hell, it's bloody warm today. My office thermometer says it is 28 degrees in here!

Apologies to those festering in more tropical climes (and at risk of being shot at by the Jinglies), but this sort of thing is not normal for Wiltshire. I started the week at an establishment that had turned on it's heating. Back at the home base we are now wondering whether this will last until next week when we go back into Jumper Order. Memories of Gibraltar in the '80s drift back.... JHW and KF shirts in those days and we had to wear our Jumpers if the Guards were wearing their greatcoats at Buck House. God bless the Irish Guards Deputy Fortress Commander (Brigadier) of the day, who, incidently, and we later found out, had air conditioning in his office.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Here on the welsh coast its bloody hot not helped by living in a top floor flat temp says its 24 degrees here and it feels like the med even has that nice warm holiday smell but enjoy it while it lasts as i bet the weather will be back with a vengenceif only all climate change were like this.
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I'm like my Avatar, quite hot !
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I have no idea how hot it is here, but i work in a blue corrugated tin building with no air con. Needless to say, my shirt is stuck to my back!
  5. I may as well be the annoying **** that everyone wants to kill - every thread needs one :) I'm in Cyprus where it's currently that temperature and it's the middle of the evening. Life's hard.
  6. Went for a lunchtime run, it was 29°c in the shade, fecking hot in the sun ... but I've survived worse.
  7. Just for contrast: here in north Florida it's currently (11:25 am) 80F = ~27C. Forecast for this afternoon is 95F = ~35C.

A couple of years ago, my sister came over to visit the Mouse, from Scotland - she was wearing tights and woollys and "didn't realise it would be so hot" She was sweating like a para at a spelling contest ...
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

FFS, you lot complain when it is hot, complain when it is cold, complain when there is nothing to complain about. Just ******* enjoy a last few days of warmth before the snow and ice return.

But then you will just start complaining again! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 34 C here, which is about the bra size of most of the girls. Humidity was high today and we are at the start of the mosquito season, so on with the repellent. Luckily the stuff we use doesn't melt yer glasses like the army stuff used to.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. There is in fact an oversubscription for the position you seek at the moment, and your present use of written English suggests you would not make the shortlist for the cadetship necessary to be a future leader in your chosen field.

I respectfully suggest you reapply in a few months from now, and use the intervening period unlearning the knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar that you have, to date, clearly been far too assiduous in assimilating and applying.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I've been sweating my tits off all day, PCS is well designed but the material is far too think for this weather.
  13. Oooh, You Are Awful...but I like you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Phwoar!!!! Do you do them in Asian?
  15. Here in sunny Morocco its getting on for 33 C in the shade, but only 29C in my flat, quite tolerable after July & Augusts temperatures in the 40's!