How useful are planex books on amazon?

This is definitely a weakness of mine and was wondering if anyone used any of the books with practice ones in and how useful they were. I seem to be running out of online free ones. Cheers.

What I will say is the orange plannex book on Amazon should be used as a practice tool ONLY. I felt the examples were a bit basic although it does ease you into it a lot better than a 15 minute cramming lecture in Briefing and then expecting you to do exactly what they just said. . .

There are (I think) 7 or 8 Plannex Examples in the book, the first being fairly straight forward and basic and the last being a lot closer to what you would expect in the AOSB. I -MUST STRESS- that if you have not done Briefing then do not practice doing plannex as there is a specific way you need to do it to score the most points. Between Briefing and AOSB Main Board, I would recommend doing 1 or 2 plannex's a week. The last few examples in the book are, unfortunately, slightly wrong and are worded a bit ambiguously which is why there are mixed reviews.

Regardless, buy it to practice and remember to use colours when doing the plannex's.

Different Colours = Easier to read for the marker = Shows effort = slightly more lenient when marking you ;)

Mattb

LE
Agreed with all of that.

I’d say simpler than the main board tasks, but useful for practising - be hard on yourself with the timings and make sure that you get something down in every section.

oppoStu

Old-Salt
What I will say is the orange plannex book on Amazon should be used as a practice tool ONLY. I felt the examples were a bit basic although it does ease you into it a lot better than a 15 minute cramming lecture in Briefing and then expecting you to do exactly what they just said. . .

There are (I think) 7 or 8 Plannex Examples in the book, the first being fairly straight forward and basic and the last being a lot closer to what you would expect in the AOSB. I -MUST STRESS- that if you have not done Briefing then do not practice doing plannex as there is a specific way you need to do it to score the most points. Between Briefing and AOSB Main Board, I would recommend doing 1 or 2 plannex's a week. The last few examples in the book are, unfortunately, slightly wrong and are worded a bit ambiguously which is why there are mixed reviews.

Regardless, buy it to practice and remember to use colours when doing the plannex's.

Different Colours = Easier to read for the marker = Shows effort = slightly more lenient when marking you ;)
This the book you're referring too...?

1563955685495.png