How two men on a CIA plane caused havoc at a Afghan outpost

#1
Its worth a read and a bit of a giggle (because nobody died)


http://timesnews.typepad.com/news/2006/07/meet_the_deer_h.html

'The two middle-aged chaps flew in on a CIA helicopter to assess the situation and generally live out a few fantasies. They were military attaches and were determined to see some action. They had brought with them hunting rifles and one had a hideous outfit that he claimed was Vietnam-era Special Forces combats.'


"It was like they were on a hunting trip," one British soldier said to me. "They have no idea what they are doing."
 
#2
ha ha ha, never laughed so much in my life.

What a couple of muppets.

Good job they didn't hit trouble.

Kept trying to get on the machine gun :D
 
#3
Would have sent them out on a 'special' mission (Just the two of them as they are so well trained) ....... problem solved when next week a video of them appears on the internet proving that you can remove a mans head from his body with a knife :)




J
 
#4
Being Military Attaches, they would not have been "CIA" so to speak but would have been with the Defence Intelligence Agency. The DIA run all US Military Attaches in their Embassies around the Globe.
 
#5
My my wonder who's going to have a Hard time in The Pub ta night ?
john
I'll make ar' colonial cousins squeal.
"Vietnam-era Special Forces combats"
Luv it.
 
#6
Chaps don't mock, they were probably on deep cover secondment from 49 para. Without heros like these we would be in serious trouble
 
#7
Really not very clever revealing the location and Friendly Force strength on the Internet.

What are the Times thinking? The reporter even slates the two muppets from Kabul for doing almost exactly the same thing!

dpm
 
#9
DPM The journo in question is VERY pro forces (as are an increasing number of young journo sprogs unlike their 60's generation elders (now retiring Huzzah!)) , he writes in the past tense and would have got the copy cleared by members of the unit.
 
#10
Excellent. I've got mental images of two fat, middle aged, jarheads attempting to look ally. I'm surprised they didn't get the helicopter to go on an airborne hunt so they take some Taleban scalps (whilst shouting "get some" of course)!!!!
 
#11
Horridlittleman said:
Excellent. I've got mental images of two fat, middle aged, jarheads attempting to look ally. I'm surprised they didn't get the helicopter to go on an airborne hunt so they take some Taleban scalps (whilst shouting "get some" of course)!!!!
They probably would have done but the "Ride of the Valkeries" CD had gone missing.
 
#12
armchair_jihad said:
They had brought with them hunting rifles and one had a hideous outfit that he claimed was Vietnam-era Special Forces combats.'


These two characters seem more like Special Needs. :eek:

It would make a fantastic comedy film, :eek:
 
#13
armchair_jihad said:
DPM The journo in question is VERY pro forces (as are an increasing number of young journo sprogs unlike their 60's generation elders (now retiring Huzzah!)) , he writes in the past tense and would have got the copy cleared by members of the unit.


1. top bloke...we want more journos like him

2. to the lads out at 'the dam' (if they get a chance to read this): great effort guys + keep going!
 
#14
Reminds me a bit of the boxheads who used to drive their big BMWs or Mercs down to Croatia in the early 1990s for a 'hunting weekend'. They would happily spend the day up on the frontline taking potshots at anything moving on the serb side, and the evening getting pi$$ed in a local kafic. Apparantly a weekend with a local guide used to cost 500 DM!!!
 

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
#15
merkator said:
Reminds me a bit of the boxheads who used to drive their big BMWs or Mercs down to Croatia in the early 1990s for a 'hunting weekend'. They would happily spend the day up on the frontline taking potshots at anything moving on the serb side, and the evening getting pi$$ed in a local kafic. Apparantly a weekend with a local guide used to cost 500 DM!!!
If true, that sounds like the idea of ubermensch etc is still live and kicking. Hope some of them didnt make it back!

p.s. Dont mean to sound like accusing you of lying merkator, its just that the whole thing sounds quite repugant...

:puker:
 
#16
chrisg46 said:
merkator said:
Reminds me a bit of the boxheads who used to drive their big BMWs or Mercs down to Croatia in the early 1990s for a 'hunting weekend'. They would happily spend the day up on the frontline taking potshots at anything moving on the serb side, and the evening getting pi$$ed in a local kafic. Apparantly a weekend with a local guide used to cost 500 DM!!!
If true, that sounds like the idea of ubermensch etc is still live and kicking. Hope some of them didnt make it back!

p.s. Dont mean to sound like accusing you of lying merkator, its just that the whole thing sounds quite repugant...

puker
Yeah its true I saw a couple of 'party's' starting out from HVO Land, Krauts Russkies and Yanks mainly though it cost a hel of a lot more than 500DM's - the Yanks were saying that it was better than a 'Mexican Safari'
 
#17
Are there any ARRSERS in the flat sandy place and the hilly one who have had simliar experiences with visitors from HQ?
 
#18
armchair_jihad said:
chrisg46 said:
merkator said:
Reminds me a bit of the boxheads who used to drive their big BMWs or Mercs down to Croatia in the early 1990s for a 'hunting weekend'. They would happily spend the day up on the frontline taking potshots at anything moving on the serb side, and the evening getting pi$$ed in a local kafic. Apparantly a weekend with a local guide used to cost 500 DM!!!
If true, that sounds like the idea of ubermensch etc is still live and kicking. Hope some of them didnt make it back!

p.s. Dont mean to sound like accusing you of lying merkator, its just that the whole thing sounds quite repugant...

puker
Yeah its true I saw a couple of 'party's' starting out from HVO Land, Krauts Russkies and Yanks mainly though it cost a hel of a lot more than 500DM's - the Yanks were saying that it was better than a 'Mexican Safari'

Quite a few stories of this type appear regularly in BILD Zeitung,and get ripped to pieces a few days later.There were even stories of Germans hunting pygmies in South America in the early ´80´s!

I really can´t imagine a well paid Kraut risking his life in Jugoslavia;He´d have a hell of a job explaining a bullet wound to his health insurance,and his life insurance wouldn´t cover him either,the dear-old German´s take these things seriously!

However,many Jugoslavian´s worked in Germany mainly in the hotel business,and it was an open ´secret´that many went back to help the cause,on both sides;And yes quite a few didn´t make it back for `Frühstück`on the Monday!

Also quite a few dissolusioned ex-NVA soldiers and adventure-seeking jobless`Ossies`(former East Germans)found that talking about fighting in the local cafe´s was a damn sight better than actually getting near the sharp-end;German jounalists found very few that were actually allowed near the fighting,and those who got to see the results of civil war soon came back to the `fatherland`,apparently quite a few commited suicide.

If a German was found to have taken part in organised `Hunting Parties`of this sort he could face justice here in Germany,as a German citizen is not allowed to be extradited.This happened when the thugs who nearly killed a french policeman in 1998,were tried here and not in France.
 
#19
midnight

sorry luv I saw it with my own eyes, Mostar bound with HVO chancers.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads