How to win women...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Flash MacTavish, May 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suspect that this was written for the Yanks by one of the old and bold, well at least the first bit...
  2. I thought it was a competition :-(
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Well if it was Big Bird would be the STAR prize and Sluggy the Booby prize.
  4. Women were much more elegant back in the 60s, and knew how to get into a car without exposing anything .... :)
  5. If it was, you'd be picking any prize from the bottom shelf for your Spag Bol skills. :sunny:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. That's because of 1960s underwear:-

With a corselette worn on top of a girdle worn on top of knickers to make Brigitte Jones weep with envy, there was no chance of a gap bigger than an inch and a half appearing between her knees before you were married.

When the barber asked you if you wanted anything for the weekend, he didn't mean condoms, he meant an angle grinder to get her out of her Osprey body armour type lingerie.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. You even have all the terminology ... and I thought having to wear a liberty bodice was constrictive ...
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was a youngster in the sixties and knew more about clothing layers than an arctic warfare instructor and the liberty bodice is only constrictive if I pay mistress extra to lace me up in the small one.

Isn't the underlying message of the film to get a Naval uniform if you want to pull chicks? Army uniforms are no good, especially if they're covered in badges and medals. "I got these wings for falling out of an aeroplane and travelling downwards until my parachute was opened for me" often fails to impress.
  10. As does an RAF uniform ...
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Getting lucky in the '60s meant that your hand started losing feeling as soon as it was getting good, due to pressure of the knicker elastic cutting off the blood flow in your wrist and putting your hand to sleep ...
    • Like Like x 2
  12. HHH

HHH LE

13. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

• Like Like x 2
  14. HHH

HHH LE

15. Tis improved by far with a "Canada" shoulder flash...