How to tie a Barley Twist Lanyard

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm looking for an easy to follow guide on the internet for tying whistle lanyards and all I get so far is shoite and blurry pics. Any ideas if there are any decent knot tying sites about?
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That apart from being disturbing also doesnt do it as a laanyard where the running ends are consumed in the twist of the knot!
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I hope so here goes
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No its too vague although I believe it may be a form of sennet.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

6. Sure you will pick up more than a few handy tips here:

London Festival of the Art of Japanese Rope Bondage

Well it is Art, innit?

So how do I know about this? A company I do work for was asked if they wanted to be a sponsor. (A slight mistake over the meaning of "Suspension Systems". Allegedly.)
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nearly but not quite, I may use that and bodge it so it makes a double sennit with no loose running ends.
  8. If you want a propper seamans lanyard I can post one to you.
  9. Been having a go with advice from the link on the pigeon watch forum. Easy and quite impressive. don't forget to seal the ends over as they show you though.
  10. Is this what you're after? Patriotic Key Ring

(missing off the beads, of course)

Don't know what a gimp has to do with it. When I've made similar things with the kids, I started it by folding one bit of string in half, forming a loose overhand knot in the centre of the other, and tightening the knot over the fold of the first bit of string.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thanks for the help folks, a mate has shown me, sadly I'm an edip kind of guy something in the programming I suppose.