How to stop fisticuffs (Serious report)

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by gobbyidiot, Mar 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tempers can fray, there are difficult times of the month, on occasion there is nothing you'd like better than knock Friar Tuck out of someone you generally like....

Interesting piece in the Economist/New Scientist. It is the third bystander who gets involved who decides whether it is going to get physical, if the first two stay with the script, "Calm down, etc". If the third person takes sides it will tend to end badly, if they also say, "Calm the feck down" it typically will.
  2. Hey, that's pretty interesting (in a geekish sort of way*). The bystander effect's been pretty much orthodoxy for years.

Now, if only there'd been a third man on that balcony it might have all ended peacefully.

*Geek, and proud.
  3. There might not have been a third man but there have been several thousand 'second' men :lol:
  4. Lol thats an interesting fact to know :D
  5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

how to stop fisticuffs, simple kick them in the nuts!!
  6. Shout,

7. I don’t have any idea about your post. I need some time to make conversation with you. Apart from this I would like to share vital information with you all regarding asthma problem. In today’s world due to increasing pollution affects the possibility of asthma in people also increases. There is a service available online that offers DVD giving tips and suggestions to make your asthma cure. Those who are asthmatic can make a glance through the mentioned link.
  8. You obviously know fcuk-all about the Army so sod off and advertise elsewhere
  9. sounds like borat typing