HOW TO SPOT A WALT

sparkysapper said:
He is dressed in para smock and fully badged up, but weighs in at 25 stone.
Demmit, you were faster. :D

Mmm.. I know another one: after public hours, in the beertent, wears extra-special-parade-thingamibob uniform with rows of rows of dangly bits pinned to his chest and chats up ladies behaving as if he had really earned/really were the chap he attempts to portray.

Belongs to an ex-mil Land Rover club and goes to Land Rover meets in non-standard rig with stable belts and cap-badges that don't match, para wings on OG shirts, and a 9mm pistol strapped to his leg and mutters to his mates smoething about "having seen a bit, you know?" (like the nutter at the LR meet at Billing Aqadrome that was gobbing off in front of the guys from the Army Rally Team last weekend).

Sabre said:
Says he was the first one into princess gate, or says he was the one who got tangled in the abseil rope!
I've heard quite a few claims by blokes who claimed to have been kicked out for "smacking an officer". This is usually interpreted as a) failing CDT, b) SNLR during training c) booted out after repeated AWOL.

Anyone else met the type?

PoisonDwarf said:
Sabre said:
Says he was the first one into princess gate, or says he was the one who got tangled in the abseil rope!
I've heard quite a few claims by blokes who claimed to have been kicked out for "smacking an officer". This is usually interpreted as a) failing CDT, b) SNLR during training c) booted out after repeated AWOL.

Anyone else met the type?
no i got "184 days soldier on"@ the Motor Cycle Training College for smacking officer :wink:

they would be the ones that speaks in acronyms like SF, RLC, spec ops, etc when asked what regiment he was in he would say "I can't say" if so why mention being in Army etc.

wears combats pant and a civvie tops and trainers carrying a thermos flask in a sling as seen last weekend in suumer gala show who also landed on 2 balloons popping it, shaking up a few families watching some event in the main arena.

Sabre said:
, or says he was the one who got tangled in the abseil rope!
This is one of the easier lies to spot.....

Walt: Yeah I was the one that got tangled in the rope

Non Walt: Bugger me I'd never have guessed, for a Fijian you look far to white. I suppose all that burning while you were tangled up sort of made your Fijian brown skin turn white then ?

Comes out with some ballocks codename op that no one's ever heard of "well when I was on Op Crimson Fallafel etc" and starts talking about "bodycount in the boonies" or similar Nam storyline cack.

See the movie, be a Walt.

http://www.knoxstudio.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=WEDDING-CRASHERS-07-21-05&cat=WW

Any laws in the UK to cover unearned medals?.. I know of a ' collector' who tried to sell a US MOH from Canada into the US and was arrested by FBI for it..

given what pops up in flea markets, antique shops and collector fairs, there sure is market for tin stars and shiny gongs on ribbons..wasn't that idea used in the old James Fox ' Jackel ' movie,, him buying some old French medals to work his disguise?

Latest Threads