How to Separate the Boys from the Girls

Seems its all in the job..

The Sunday Times of London reported that a study done by the London School of Economics published in the Journal of Theoretical Biology claims that the sex of your kid may depend on what you do for a living. [ and I don't mean working in a uranium mine makes for kids with ' extra 'bits ]..
Lead researcher, Satoshi Kanawaza reports statistical findings thusly:

Those who have careers in ' caring ' such as nursing or teaching are more likely to have girls, people who go in for ' professions ' such as accountancy or engineering have a greater chance of boys.

They surveyed 3000 people from various employment areas.. In general it is a given that there are 105 boys produced for every 100 girls but if broken down by jobs engineers and other 'systemizers ' [ which is linked to ' male ' characteristics - based on how jobs are ' traditionally ' viewed ] the ratio is 140 boys for every 100 girls.. among ' empathizers' groups [ i.e. nurses, teachers, etc. ] the ratio is 135 girls for every 100 guys ...

No statistics on ratio of male/female among the military [ that would be interesting as a archetype ' male' employment ] or what they classify the whelps produced by the likes of MDN, Corp and Ctauch [ probably too small a ' sample' and therefore insignificant even counting the illegitimate messes they've left behind in far flung ports and oases ]

Sounds rather like the "birth month fallacy" to me.

Got a link to the figures?

Stoat:

just quoting ' press release' from Sunday Times put out over the wireservice..
no doubt there is a full aricle on their pages somewhere and the London School of Economics must have a copy of the ' learned paper' available for detailed perusal..

' looking to change jobs and increase your chances are you? '

point one. who cares???

point two.It is only luck, if you ask me there is no link what so ever between the gender of a child and anything else, as it is just the luck of the draw for both the male and female.

oh yes just remembered

Point three. If it did have a link do you think there would be any famles in Saudi?