How to rent out an apartment in Turkey

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Yokel, May 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Someone I know has an apartment in Alanya, in Turkey. It is fully furnished and is fitted out nicely, as well as being in a pleasent place - I've been there. He would like to hopefully try to rent it out....perhaps to students going to study out there, or to a similar group.

However, he doesn't know how to do this, what companies deal with this sort of thing, how would he advertise, how would payment be sorted out. So he came to me, unfortunately I haven't got a clue either.

Can anyone advise, help, or point in the right direction...?

Thanks

Yokel

2. The only suggestion I can make is to find a reputable letting agent in the area, be very careful and get references from existing clients. The reasoning being that they will arrange cleaning between lets, deduct any damage costs etc. These people usually charge around 10% of the rental fee and look after everything, also it gives the owner peace of mind as the property is being inspected on a regular basis. Trying to operate such a business remotely is very difficult as one does not know if any problems have occurred also contracting cleaners etc will be more costly than using contact cleaners through an agent.

3. This may be excellent advice! If someone can work out what it says, can they let me know.