How to Rejoin

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Brit_Bulldog, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey All,

I left the Army at the end of 2009 after 4 years service and would like to rejoin but with a different capbadge, how should I proceed?

Cheers

2. What reg you looking to join just out of interest and what was you in ?

3. Walk into the AFCO and say hi fella, I used to be in before, but was with some tossers, would like to join another lot, cheers

4. I was with PWRR but want to join 29C, I understand that phase 2 will be different just wondered if i'll have to redo Basic.

5. Did you leave on good terms? Quite a few people I know are having trouble getting back in even with an exemplary service record. Withdrawal of termination is a bit of a sticky subject too.

Shouldn't need to re-do basic however, phone up your ACIO, they might lob a few extra interviews and hoops to jump through. Rejoining will take longer than joining from scratch, I was told it would take me 6 to 9 months to get back in.

Good luck - phone your local ACIO and get it straight from the horses mouth.

CC_TA

6. Cheers CC_TA, I left on good terms (no bridges were burnt) and was told that if I wanted back in just to give them a call, but as it's a different reg this is'nt going to work.

I'll give my local ACIO a call and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

7. You left on good terms - Good stuff and your old mob would be happy to see you back. Pop in the ACIO and give them your details; start the ball rolling soon as poss but don't get your hopes up - it's a feckin nightmare! I looked at re joining but a different Corps, this causes masses of extra paperwork and chaos for your original unit and the unit that you want to join.

8. Read the sticky, it would of lead you to this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.