How to recycle a WWll .50 BMG (and some FALS)

ugly

LE
I wonder where the idea for a high muzzle energy ban came from?

ugly

LE
I suppose if you cant buy a 50 cal rifle a 70 plus year old MG will do, yes I saw the firing port, I wonder if their mount was really steady.

At the risk of being thick.....well no change there really. BMG?
Big Machine Gun??
Browning Machine gun is an option but then they'd have put BMG.BMG in the link?

And yet , when a presidential candidate comes along and says he's going to clamp down on this type of lawlessness , he's immediately labelled as Far Right ….

Don't these things feed from the left...?

Has some Plod just lobbed a length of link in the nearest hole for dramatic effect? Or, as an aircraft gun, do these things come in left- and right-hand feed versions to fit side-by-side turret mounts...?

One can only hope that the link is just gripped in the feed mechanism and Plod isn't actually lugging the thing about with a round chambered!

ugly

LE
Don't these things feed from the left...?

Has some Plod just lobbed a length of link in the nearest hole for dramatic effect? Or, as an aircraft gun, do these things come in left- and right-hand feed versions to fit side-by-side turret mounts...?

One can only hope that the link is just gripped in the feed mechanism and Plod isn't actually lugging the thing about with a round chambered!
I did think that but then remembered they can be configured for feed from either.

I did think that but then remembered they can be configured for feed from either.
The images of it mounted in the car are left hand feed so I'm guessing it was just for dress up by the cops for the photo or maybe someone was to lazy to flip it around. An "interesting" improvised left hand cocking handle in some of those pics. Looks like a steel rod stuck into the back of the bolt and running down the cocking handle track.
Being able to swap from left to right hand feed often catches out young players. Parts like the "Turn table" being able to be put in the right and wrong way on the top of the bolt often catches a few out on the re assemble.

The images of it mounted in the car are left hand feed so I'm guessing it was just for dress up by the cops for the photo or maybe someone was to lazy to flip it around. An "interesting" improvised left hand cocking handle in some of those pics. Looks like a steel rod stuck into the back of the bolt and running down the cocking handle track.
Being able to swap from left to right hand feed often catches out young players. Parts like the "Turn table" being able to be put in the right and wrong way on the top of the bolt often catches a few out on the re assemble.
That does look improvised, here's the real thing.

Cocking Handle.jpg

Last edited:
That does look improvised, here's the real thing.

View attachment 357456
Interesting, never seen anything similar of our M2's. Serves a purpose but it would certainly wear down your left arm a lot faster without the lever/camming action the proper cocking handle has.
That rod those guys have used would have been interesting to see in action. In the confines of the back of that car having that rod shooting backwards and forwards with the bolt. That and the fact they are firing it inside a car.

Interesting, never seen anything similar of our M2's. Serves a purpose but it would certainly wear down your left arm a lot faster without the lever/camming action the proper cocking handle has.
That rod those guys have used would have been interesting to see in action. In the confines of the back of that car having that rod shooting backwards and forwards with the bolt. That and the fact they are firing it inside a car.
Only ever saw one which is how I know about them. When the Pattern Room was at Enfield there was an M2HB on a tripod and that had one fitted on the left side for some reason, in addition to the regular cocking handle on the right.

IDF standard drill is to use both handles - at least in the infantry it's that way.

Latest Threads