How to react when you meet your former unit or employer

Salim Masoud Said (@salimosaid) Tweeted: In Zanzibar coach Mani Gamera of Miembeni has been suspended for 6 months and fined circa $200 after his celebrations in his side’s 1-0 win over his former employers Jang’ombe. ⚽️ Salim Masoud Said on Twitter

I think it's fucking stupid the way fans expect an ex player or manager to not celebrate scoring against their old club, if it was me I'd be bloody delighted to score against anyone if that was my job to so, and even MORE delighted if I'd left in acrimonious circumstances, even if you don't you owe feck all to a previous club

I think it's fucking stupid the way fans expect an ex player or manager to not celebrate scoring against their old club, if it was me I'd be bloody delighted to score against anyone if that was my job to so, and even MORE delighted if I'd left in acrimonious circumstances, even if you don't you owe feck all to a previous club
Have to agree, look at Redknapp when he went to Southampton after being at Pompey, death threats ffs!

I always recall Denis Laws muted celebration when he scored for City against United.

I remember, vaguely, when Brian Clough didn't get the England job. Someone, a reporter(?), asked if he was asked to take on the job of managing Scotland, would he take it. He never said yes, but he never said he would turn it down either! I was praying the SFA would ask him. Why you may ask? Just think of the added incentive. Us p'wogs don't need much of that at the best of times, when we play you English. Add Cluffy to the pot, by showing the FA what he could do with our lot, and I reckon we'd still be whacking you Engurlanders, as well as qualifying more often since '98.

Ah well, one can dream.

I remember, vaguely, when Brian Clough didn't get the England job. Someone, a reporter(?), asked if he was asked to take on the job of managing Scotland, would he take it. He never said yes, but he never said he would turn it down either! I was praying the SFA would ask him. Why you may ask? Just think of the added incentive. Us p'wogs don't need much of that at the best of times, when we play you English. Add Cluffy to the pot, by showing the FA what he could do with our lot, and I reckon we'd still be whacking you Engurlanders, as well as qualifying more often since '98.

Ah well, one can dream.
But you don’t want nightmares.

But you don’t want nightmares.

Except that's what we have now. I can remember when we were qualifying for World Cups, and England weren't. When any English supporter tried to take the piss by saying we wouldn't make it to the knockout* stages, my retort was always the same. "True, but we're there to not reach the knockout stages. You ain't."

*Harsh, but fair.

Ah well, one can dream.
Cloughie would never have taken it. He wanted the England job so he could do better than Don Revie.

Except that's what we have now. I can remember when we were qualifying for World Cups, and England weren't. When any English supporter tried to take the piss by saying we wouldn't make it to the knockout* stages, my retort was always the same. "True, but we're there to not reach the knockout stages. You ain't."

*Harsh, but fair.
You must be 100 years old.

jg505

Old-Salt
I always recall Denis Laws muted celebration when he scored for City against United.
I remember it too; it wasn't just any goal against Utd, that cheeky back heel supposedly relegated Utd to the old Div 2. As it happened Utd were doomed, due to other results going against them that day, but it's always remembered as the goal that relegated them.

jg505

Old-Salt

*Harsh, but fair.
Ah the good ol' 1974 and 1978 World cups,with wee Archie Gemmil's stunner against the Dutch, truly memorable.

Gary McAllister playing for Liverpool after having played at Coventry City for years. Came on as a sub against Coventry and scored in what was a relegation game for Coventry. Didn't celebrate out of respect for the club he'd served for years. Can't fault that.

But had it been a player or manager who'd been pushed out, then that'd be grounds for "fcuk you" celebration. Like if Mourinho beats his former clubs. He always seems to get sacked, never just moves on to a different opportunity.

My UK business has taken a large pipeline of deals away from the last bank I worked for, through better structuring and sharper pricing. It's left them with a couple of orphan assets. It was impossible to surpress a snigger as we talked about my taking them out of those positions to "help them out". NFI from my end, feck 'em.

Latest Threads