Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to ND with style.....

Pretty accurate though :)

Maple

LE
hahahahahahahaha.......I seem to remember the GSFG considered a 1% loss rate on ex acceptable.....

NSP

LE
"A Russian attack helicopter accidentally fired at least one rocket into a group of people during large-scale military exercises close to Nato’s borders, Russian media has reported."

I'm not calling lazy journalism (like, didn't even watch the clip they posted with the report) but I could clearly see two - one from each wing.

By the by, I see he went for the comms wagon - did the training just kick in...?

whistling.gif

It's not an ND.

Tell them why meerkatz.

syrup

LE
Didn't a Lynx have an incident with live ammo at Otterburn in the late 80's
I seem to remember an electrical fault firing something off and a lad losing a leg.

Well we have our differences with the Russians but thoughts and prayers with the pilot, please God that unexpected nose up from the launch didn't spill any of his vodka.

I seem to remember an electrical fault firing something off and a lad losing a leg.

A Sidewinder went walk-about from a 111Sqn Phantom at Leuchars during an exercise. The thing ploughed a furrow across the airfield and ended up in the mud of the River Eden. The exercise was terminated shortly afterwards and we were told to go home and say nowt. The following morning on the 6.00am news the BBC announced "A missile was fired at RAF Leuchars last night....". The cause was put down to rain water getting into the umbilical between the aircraft and the missile and causing a short - it had pissed it down earlier in the evening - and the missile fired whilst the pilot was doing the growl checks. I believe there is a poster on these forums who was standing a lot closer to it than me when it went off - I was busy on the nearby bulk fuel installation pumping go-juice for the jets and nearly sh@t myself.

Easily done, I lost a BFA on Otterburn in 94.

If anyone's going up there I left it by some tree's.

Should be easy to find.

A friend of mine was airborne in a Harrier at the time and heard the commotion on the radio and the classic from a Luftwaffe crew "Let's go home! the British are playing for keeps this time!". It was also said that the Phantom crew were made to present themselves to the Jag pilot, as he recovered in his bed and that his first words were "you stupid bastards!", with accompanying headshake. I was told that he went on to become an airline pilot. Also, the technical people were very keen to see the effects of the weapon on the tail of the Jag and that subsequent models of that missile had alterations made, as a result.

Latest Threads