How to mature recruits get on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 34 this year (Oct) and my kids are both in their teens now. I have wanted to join the military for as long as I can remember but when my kids came along my priority was them and my personal choice was to stick around and watch them grow up. Their mum and I are no longer together and now I think is a good time to finally do this for myself before it’s too late.

The roles I am looking into are information services and networks engineer. I'm pretty competent when it comes to computers and building and repairing PCs and other devices so figured why not take that a step further.

I guess my question is, how do the more mature recruits fare during basic training? One thing that draws me to it even now is knowing everyone is equal and that age is pretty much irrelevant. I'm absolutely ok with superiors being younger than me and I enjoy camaraderie and banter with people so there would no issues there. Not expecting it to be a walk in the park but as the upper age limit for the role I'm interested in is 35 and 6 months I figured I'd give it a crack while I can. If I don't I know I'll regret it.

Any insight would be welcome. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads