How to lose friends, then try to get them back

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Krazy_Ivan, Mar 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a civvy now, working in Afghanland. Upon my return last week I decided to have a few drinks with some "proper" civvy friends. A good mate of mine D**e, has just split up with his missus.

Now I was only told this the night before I went out with them on the piss. I then consciously told myself to not mention his split-up to him, other than the usual well meaning platitudes.

Cue forward 24hrs to me singing, in a bar, in Central Milton Keynes:

"You've got no wife in your bed la la la la la."

(To the tune of "Brown Girl in the Ring" by Boney M)

I was singing this over and over for a good while before he belted me, I then threw up over him. Bear in mind please I had drank in excess of 20 pints of Guiness by this stage (dry FOB's in the east).

Now my question is, should I apologise to him? Or, should he apologise for tawtting me?

Clearly this sort of behaviour has alienated a couple of my mates, or more likely they won't answer their phones to me for a bit.

I await your opinions with baited breath.

K_I

2. Why didn't you want your ex mate Dave's name aired in a public forum?

3. Have you forgotten mates lamp each other all the time. Surely part of the grieving process.
    A Guinness and curry shower on the other hand.
    Civvies don't get it usually. Explain that you were giving him grief counciling squaddie style and then get him laid. Job done.

4. Why haven't you boned his ex yet?

5. Thinking the same thing. Then a while later, to help take his mind off this first incident you could sing:

"I've got your wife in my bed la la la la la."

(To the tune of "Brown Girl in the Ring" by Boney M)

Guaranteed. It'll work.

6. shhhh, persec ffs...

7. I'm happily married so "boneing" his ex is out of the question. I could probably get a phone number for anyone desperate enough out there ;)

8. Either she's under the patio in the back garden or you're a massive marriage walt.

9. Then you're a liar.

Pick one -
    1. No squaddie is happily married.
    2. No squaddie gives regard to his marriage when thinking about porking another bird.

or

3. You're actually a stinking civvie.

10. Well for starters, I'm an ex-squaddie. I'm happy and I'm married. Perhaps "happily married" is an overstatement, but it seems to work.

BTW tired_chimp call me a civvy again and I'll tear out you eyes and skullfuck you.

Anyway, why would anyone walt marriage?

11. Well for starters, I'm an ex-squaddie. I'm happy and I'm married. Perhaps "happily married" is an overstatement, but it seems to work.

BTW tired_chimp call me a civvy again and I'll tear out your eyes and skullfuck you.

Anyway, why would anyone walt marriage?

12. He is "Happily married"

His wife told me he was last month to the tune of

" Do me in the ring, tra la la la la"

13. Oh right.... I see your aggressive online keyboard commando persona and raise you a FUCK OFF YOU CIVVIE CUNT.

14. Calm down Tired_chump, couldn't you see the squaddie humour in his jest? You'd have to be a civvi not to see he was having a laugh! ;)

15. Betcha "Dave" has been singing that little dit in private and'll thank you for it :)