How to lose friends and fail to influence people

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. I'd expect the shares in both NI and BskyB will take another tumble today......Good I work for a competitor nice to see him getting his balls pinned to the dart board. Looks like the influcence he held with winning elections might be over which is a good thing as just maybe peoeple will starting thinking for themselves who should be in power instead of voting for what a red top tells them to
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yep back to the good old days of Cecil King knowing better than the electorate and trying to overthrow an elected government. Or of Robert Maxwell raised from poverty to publisher by MI6 with Hambros money. Those rosy days of yesteryear when things were so much better.
  4. Before I was born I'm afraid so cant comment however about time the clowns in the commons depended on the elecorate to win them elections by having policies worth voting for an some integrity not depending on some rubber faced non citizen to print nice things in the paper about them but thats another thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. most newspaper moguls in the UK were foreign and or mad
    preferably both.
    see Maxwell Conrad black etc etc

unfortunately newspapers are dying.
    not sure Hugh is a hypocrite been in and out of the papers yes but not because he had stuff to sell. unlike most of the mps