How to lose £5000 for being bone idle

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Pocoyo, Apr 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The wife doesn't know this yet but I have just lost £5000 through laziness. I thought I would share this fact with you because I can.

How?

For years I have played the lottery on line, standing order job, same numbers every wed/sat, 1 line of lottery and 1 of thunderball. A couple of weeks ago (ish) I got an email from camelot telling me that I needed to tick a a box or something on my account to continue playing thunderball as the rules were changing.

"I'll get around to it" methinks

Well I didn't "get around to it" and about half an hour ago I watched as my weekly five numbers came out in the thunderball draw, my only saving grace is that I didn't get the bonus ball (thank fuck)

Gutted, but it could have been worse and at least you guys get a smirk out of it.

2. That'll learn ya!

Tough to take on the chin, nontheless. Have a brew -- things will look differently then ... :(

3. I lost out on winning a tenner on Friday because PG got me too p1ssed to log on and spend the usual tenner on the lottery ticket.

Hope that makes you feel better.

4. YOu think thats bad...A former tutor of mine was an engineer with Acorn Electronics who had worked for them for quite a few years. As an employee, he was offered the opportunity to buy penny shares in the company when it floated on the stock exchange. He thought, "yeah these are a good bunch, I'll buy a couple of grands worth".....except he never got around to it...having made the decision to buy the shares, he never got around to it. Acorn became ARM Holdings...inventors of RISC and currently trading over 200p....poor bloke look shattered when he told us the tale..

5. Funny you should say that because the only way my long haired CO will find out about this monumental cock up is if we bump into PG on the seafront, which is more likely than you might think so I'm blaming him in advance for any repercussions.

Volunteer...I opted for the large G&T instead of the brew, so far so good!

6. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

I was having a brew in the back of a Landy on Salisbury plain late one Friday night with a bunch of crows crawling all over the landscape. Suddenly the OC's head popped in. Naturally we invited him in for a brew and chat. After a while I mentioned he looked a little glum.
    Turns out he played the pools for years, always with the same pattern, unless it just looked impossible. This week it did, so he altered one of the boxes.
    He still won a few grand so I asked how much he would have won if he had left it.
    Over £900,000.
    Ouch.

7. Lazy cnut,serves yer right :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. I hope your missis doesn't think you've won and are keeping the money from her!

9. I would.

10. Is she a looker :p

11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

You're safe mate.

Being a Prius driver, Jesus will look favourably on your for saving the environment and suffering a lifetime of mockery on here on eart for driving a homo truck.

There is no lottery in the afterlife, where you sir, will live like a king......... king of the homo hybrid toyato drivers

I know where you live so will parade up and down the streets shouting out your mistake and announcing you don't go away on business you travel to Hamburg to fuel your hooker addiction.

xxxx

12. the breadknife asked me to put a tenner on Mon Mone for last years Grand National and i forgot.
    fukcing nag came in at 100-1 didn;t it. she brings it up virtually daily

13. My Father was offered Microsoft shares in the very early days.He didn't take up the offer as they all looked like "very odd people".
    We don't mention it now.

14. average......I'm so glad she doesn't read arrse!

PG, how much exactly do I have to pay you or HFH to make you "forget" that I once HAD to use a bloody Prius! Be mindful that I'm not as well off as I might have been today.

15. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Consider it forgotten mate, free of charge.

I reserve the right to mention it now and then should I get self esteem issues.