• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

How to kill and get away with it

#2
I was advised many years ago, the best way to commit murder was to get the victim sh!tfaced drunk, until they passed out.

Then stick a pan of oil on the stove, as if they were making chips.

And vacate the premises.
 
#3
Assume you want to start a rant going over the 'light sentence' the driver got?

Sure its sh!t. but.. the system can only respond to the charges laid.

Problem wasn't with the court but the prosecution which didn't lay a more serious charge or demand.

Slacker in an office somewhere made an' error' in judgment' as to what charge to lay.

Should have been 'vehicular manslaughter' or something equivalent, but, then again, the investigation of the case by the police may have left them no alternative as to what statute to prosecute under.

bottom line, young folks are killed and driver gets off lightly..
 
#4
I remember the times I used to roll fags whilst steering with my knees, or drive though town letching at the totty strolling by. I've nodded off on a 12 hour BAOR convoy as well as being behind the wheel of a 14 tonner on a active edge rather the worst for wear.

I've never had a accident, more luck than judgement though.

There but for the grace of god.......

My condolences to the Bereaved.
 
#5
Why should he get a bigger sentance though? It wasn't as if he planned to kill anyone, and most people who crash through careless driving will end up getting three points and a fine that covers the cost of the lamp post they smashed into. I see no difference in the act causing the crash, so why should the punisment reflect the result and not the act?
 
#6
jew_unit said:
Why should he get a bigger sentance though? It wasn't as if he planned to kill anyone, and most people who crash through careless driving will end up getting three points and a fine that covers the cost of the lamp post they smashed into. I see no difference in the act causing the crash, so why should the punisment reflect the result and not the act?
Nail on the head there I'm afraid.

The bloke lost his license for 6 months, which for most people means his job. Not a nice thing to live with either.

Sometimes everybody is a victim and everybody looses
 
#7
jew_unit said:
Why should he get a bigger sentance though? It wasn't as if he planned to kill anyone, and most people who crash through careless driving will end up getting three points and a fine that covers the cost of the lamp post they smashed into. I see no difference in the act causing the crash, so why should the punisment reflect the result and not the act?
It sounds to me like it could have happened to any of us. Who hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel for a moment or lost concentration or been distracted or reached for something and swerved or gone around a blind corner a little bit fast?

The guy didn't set out intending to kill anyone. He wasn't drunk, or racing, or even chatting on a mobile phone. It was an accident (such things do exist) which he - like the families of the occupants of the other car - will live with and have to deal with for the rest of his life.
 
#8
DeltaDog said:
jew_unit said:
Why should he get a bigger sentance though? It wasn't as if he planned to kill anyone, and most people who crash through careless driving will end up getting three points and a fine that covers the cost of the lamp post they smashed into. I see no difference in the act causing the crash, so why should the punisment reflect the result and not the act?
It sounds to me like it could have happened to any of us. Who hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel for a moment or lost concentration or been distracted or reached for something and swerved or gone around a blind corner a little bit fast?

The guy didn't set out intending to kill anyone. He wasn't drunk, or racing, or even chatting on a mobile phone. It was an accident (such things do exist) which he - like the families of the occupants of the other car - will live with and have to deal with for the rest of his life.
That's the point, though: he HAS a life. His victims, by defination, do not. :evil:
 
#9
Werewolf said:
DeltaDog said:
jew_unit said:
Why should he get a bigger sentance though? It wasn't as if he planned to kill anyone, and most people who crash through careless driving will end up getting three points and a fine that covers the cost of the lamp post they smashed into. I see no difference in the act causing the crash, so why should the punisment reflect the result and not the act?
It sounds to me like it could have happened to any of us. Who hasn't fallen asleep at the wheel for a moment or lost concentration or been distracted or reached for something and swerved or gone around a blind corner a little bit fast?

The guy didn't set out intending to kill anyone. He wasn't drunk, or racing, or even chatting on a mobile phone. It was an accident (such things do exist) which he - like the families of the occupants of the other car - will live with and have to deal with for the rest of his life.
That's the point, though: he HAS a life. His victims, by defination, do not. :evil:
That's completely illogical. You can't punish the guy for surviving.
 
#10
I find using the words 'In was my honest belief' after ive murdered someone. Sometimes it doesnt wash at first but after the feds look into the old dears' history they soon change their minds. They keep their money under the bed you know!
 
#11
The accused just missed a potential 5 year jail sentence by a month (though the maximum of any criminal sentence is rarely handed out):

14/08/2008

Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill today welcomed the introduction of tough new road death laws.

The new offences of causing death by careless, or inconsiderate, driving and causing death by driving while unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured, come into force on August 18, 2008.

The first offence gives prosecutors an alternative to the traditional careless driving offence where the act of careless or inconsiderate driving has led to a fatality.

Currently there is a perception that existing statutory provisions are inadequate in not allowing the sometimes fatal consequences of acts of careless driving to be taken into account by the courts.

The offence of causing death by careless, or inconsiderate, driving will carry a mandatory minimum period of 12 months disqualification. Summary conviction will lead to a maximum of 12 months in custody or a fine up to £10,000 or both. Conviction on indictment will lead to a maximum of 5 years in custody or a fine or both.

Driving while unlicensed, disqualified or uninsured will also carry a mandatory minimum period of 12 months disqualification. Summary conviction will lead to a maximum of 12 months in custody or a fine up to £10,000 or both. Conviction on indictment will lead to a maximum of 2 years in custody or a fine or both.
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2008/08/14140016

Prior to this the driving had to be "dangerous", not "careless" in order to include any resulting deaths in the prosecution, which was (and is) more difficult to prove.
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#12
ringdoby said:
I was advised many years ago, the best way to commit murder was to get the victim sh!tfaced drunk, until they passed out.

Then stick a pan of oil on the stove, as if they were making chips.

And vacate the premises.
Might explain away a number of fatal 'chip-pan' fires involving Belfast drunks in the late 80's/early 90's.

I thought they were just stupid Micks. Transpires that you may be a mass murder. The 'Belfast Chip Pan Killer'? Doesn't quite have the same terror striking effect as 'The Shankhill Butchers' or 'The Armagh Four', but I'm sure it'll boost the sales of McCain's Micro chips, I suppose.
 
#15
Legallybald said:
verticalgyro said:
Having said that, if you're a Lord and the evidence shows that you were fcuking around with your nokia just moments before a fatal accident....

You'll feel the full weight of the law....or not.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article5805123.ece
I hope his phone contract was nearly up cos I bet the phone was fucked!
He's OK. You'll find his expenses claim includes puchasing a major shareholding in BT, so he can get a new phone, essential to his parliamentary duties............nothng like a bit of Operation Overkill :wink:
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#16
Blx! I saw this and came on looking for useful advice, and all I get is people moaning about traffic law and accidents. And cookery tips. Nothing useful , like how to make a bullet out of ice, so it will melt and not leave any evidence.
 
#17
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Blx! I saw this and came on looking for useful advice, and all I get is people moaning about traffic law and accidents. And cookery tips. Nothing useful , like how to make a bullet out of ice, so it will melt and not leave any evidence.
The 'ice bullet' bit does not work, they proved that on Mythbusters - ANC is the way to go, chip pan fire or walking across a motorway/dual carriageway whilst drunk is a much better option.
 

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#18
homeworker said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Blx! I saw this and came on looking for useful advice, and all I get is people moaning about traffic law and accidents. And cookery tips. Nothing useful , like how to make a bullet out of ice, so it will melt and not leave any evidence.
The 'ice bullet' bit does not work, they proved that on Mythbusters - ANC is the way to go, chip pan fire or walking across a motorway/dual carriageway whilst drunk is a much better option.
Damn. I can't think of a way to do either to my boss. Will just have to be the old piano falling out of a window. Now, where can I get a piano here?
 
#20
old_fat_and_hairy said:
Blx! I saw this and came on looking for useful advice, and all I get is people moaning about traffic law and accidents. And cookery tips. Nothing useful , like how to make a bullet out of ice, so it will melt and not leave any evidence.
Just yell "BOMB!" and let rip. Works for the met!
 

Latest Threads

New Posts