How to join british army

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by supersniper, Aug 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :( Sorry guys but i am really struggeling how would a south african without a british passport get into the british army does someone have some sort of guide lines as how to do this
    ek sukkel rerig hiermee i am 19 and busy with first year at university is there any hope at all or should i forget the idea of trying to join the british military completely
    thanx :cry:

2. I knew a SA guy who went to RMAS with no passport or nationality at all having been rendered stateless. The Irish took him on eventually.

3. yeah you can join, you should start with the overseas application process and you will need someone in the uk as a sponser. or you could start with the app when your over there then you wont need a sponser. So just get a visa(doesnt matter which one) but needs to be valid for atleast 4 months

4. Hi chaps, i'm looking for a uk sponsor so i can send my info to the overseas cell and begin the application process, all you would need to do is provide a little information and act as a point of contact for the army. I have arranged my own accommodation so you won't have to do anything except provide a little info. so if anyone is interested or can help in some way or knows someone i should be talking to it would really be appreciated, here is my email if anyone wants to contact me and find out more; jonathanbuchanan987@gmail.com thanks

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Do you also know a Nigerian general with £10 million to put in a UK bank account?

6. no, but if i come across one i'll be sure to ask.

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Sorry, but we are full at the moment. Please try later.

8. well, not according to the army but thanks anyway.

9. Really? I wonder what all the Manning Control Points and reducing manning by 20% is all about then.

Without wishing to appear racist, if we are that full, why do we not stop recruiting Foreign and Commonwealth personnel, and recruit from UK only?

10. so you say, but you contradict yourself in stating that the army is recruiting commonwealth personnel. but like i said i'm only asking for a little help or advice.

11. Don't take alles so seriously.. and use capital letters reading your posts is like hearing Malema speak :D

12. This is the best piece of advice you'll get GI John - it's crazy but it might just work...ready??

JOIN THE SOUTH AFRICAN ARMY

Or if you feel that strongly about the GI John name then try America...

...you could always try writing in correct prose and punctuating correctly first?

Oh; p.s. I'd love to sponsor you.... just send all your spare cash to me at imamug@ yahoo.com...