How To Guide - 100 Press Ups

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by boobs, Jul 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I found this the other day and thought it was worth a bash.

100 Press Ups Guide

Its a week by week guide to getting press ups into the triple digits, personally I think it looks a little ambitious but who knows.

Hope this will help.

2. At the risk of being pedantic it begins "If you're serious about increasing your strength, follow this six week training program and you'll soon be on your way to completing 100 consecutive push ups!"

If you're interested in increasing your strength you don't want to be doing a hundred of anything. For most people you need endurance from the waist down and a shitload of explosive power from the waist up.

True, paddling a kayak, digging a trench, and some other things need endurance in the upper body, (speaking as someone who did silly numbers of press ups) I think I wasted a lot of time, and didn't do my shoulders a load of good either.

Having said that, impresses people :D

I think 20 good pull ups from a dead hang is a better goal. In the real world you'll pull more than you push.

3. I see your point but it's also a good guide for people less god like than ourselves.

There is a 6 week guide for people who can't do over 10 press ups for example, which could help as 10 is no good for anything.