How to get things sorted?



I am owed several hundred quid, due as the Glasgow muppets have not given me an increment due in january-I have tried the usual methods of getting it sorted and the regi pay staff have been great-any one know how to apply a bit more leverage? (short of curling one off on the head honcho's desk in Glasgow)
Why no issue proceddings through the county court, can't see it doing your promotion prospects much good.

If it is more than £750 why not issue a statutary demand, the consequences of which will be hilarious.


 ;) Sorry for ignorance but this does sound good.....what would happen exactly, in theory mainly I'd guess...??!! ;D
In reality if you issued proceedings all would be resolved prior to it getting to the courtroom.

Not sure if military law allows you to issue said proceedings. You could issue proceedings through the Tribunal court if you suffer as a result of not being paid correctly.

If you could and did issue for non payment your case would have to be clearly defined and there be no question that the money is owed. The MOD would get a copy of your claim from the county courts and they would be given a time span to pay or go forward for arbitration. You would then be brought before the CO and asked to explain your actions (incidently tampering with Defendants / plaintiffs severly frowned on by judges) The CO would probably talk you in to dropping the claim and you would get your wages.

You could be arsey and go for damages and costs, then you would have to appear before a judge.

It would be a fun day out, and if you were leaving shortly and aren't interested in going anywhere other than the RP shift for the rest of your life GO FOR IT.

its about £100 ish to issue proceedings, or £350 for a stat demand.

If you win they are awarded a county court judgement and have 28 days to pay, if they don't you can apply for a warrant of execution and the Bailiff will appear to enforce it ;D ;D


A letter to Soldier magazine would probably get this sorted....Oh and you could mention the arrse website in the letter...



War Hero
I am owed several hundred quid,
Use the chain of command. They are there to help and with phone calls and nasty letters - will be able to do so. You must use them - this is what they are there for !

Good luck and keep us all informed as to how you get on.
I normally agree to using the chain of command to sort out issues like this - if it works.

I have had deductions taken from my pay in Nov and Dec last year and still cannot get it sorted. Its not a lot of money but the principle needs stood up for.

The pay walla was very helpful - go get it back yourself - was his reply!.

He says I have to write and ask ADAT and the Reg Sec for the two months worth of deductions !!

I don't think so... Looks like another Redress is going into the system...

By the way - it is illegal to make unauthorised deductions from wages under employment law - and an Employment Tribunal will award damages against the MoD (and its agents) if the ET believes they have behaved in a disreputable manner, i.e. not sorting it out or attempting to sort it out within a REASONABLE TIME PERIOD.


It's bloody awful.  :( It seems that matters concerning pay have gone down the pan since the move to Glasgow. ???  I'm leaning on the counter at least once a week.  :-/ Not just for myself.  But for my geezers aswell. :mad:

I need to get some graft out of them.
Preferably with a smile on their faces.
I can normally (wrongly) get a slightly better result at the counter of death than they can.

I do hope things get better my shiney friends. :)


War Hero
I would suggest this option.  Get your boss (ideally an Offr) to write to the RAO stating that this has gone on several months with no fix in sight.  Ask your Boss to put in the letter suggesting that this problem is looked at by your Brigade SPS (who is a Major) and he/she believe it or not has more clout.  The problem can be getting your RAO to go to the Bde SPS as they often do not like Bde SPS getting involved is Regimental matters, but in this case it seems as though some more leverage needs putting onto the system.


Good, and then we can all get on with what we do for a living. Nice. ;D
are you sure its the Glasgow muppets? ???

Increments do not pick up for many reasons, one is that YOUR unit may not have published your confidential report, your EQ may not be correct, you may have been put onto Stand still rates of pay or mark time rates of pay.
A lot of pay problems are being dealt with by DSPSA or SPS at the moment, that are a matter of policy that Glasgow cannot answer. These policy matters are clearly published in DSPSI's which your unit will hold.
If this problem has been raised with your pay office as you claim, and the paperwork or query sent to Glasgow, Glasgow only have 7 working days to input any paperwork sent by your unit. That is the business standard in pay division.
Your account may have a problem on it, so it might be wise to ask you pay staff to check with Glasgow to see if a technical query has been raised.
Glasgow do try their best, but a lot of pay units blame them for the units cock ups. :-/


You haven't had an increment increase because you are probably not due one !!!!!!


I was due one, they agreed and finally paid me last month-now they have stopped my substitution pay for no obvious reasons-such fun!!

New Posts

Latest Threads