• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

How to get on tour whilst in a non operational unit?

Ok guys I'm sure there will be no end of sarcastic answers, however, I'm going to ask the question. How do I get away on HERRICK when not at a frontline unit? I've tried MCM Div with regards to E2 / No7 board but it came to nothing.

Already got the green light from my boss so that's not a hurdle I have to jump.

Ok guys I'm sure there will be no end of sarcastic answers, however, I'm going to ask the question. How do I get away to the stan when not at a frontline unit? I've tried MCM Div with regards to E2 / No7 board but it came to nothing.

You utter c**t. F**k o*f.

Ok guys I'm sure there will be no end of sarcastic answers, however, I'm going to ask the question. How do I get away on HERRICK when not at a frontline unit? I've tried MCM Div with regards to E2 / No7 board but it came to nothing.

Afghan Tour

Hope this helps.

the tool begging for 'trigger time'
You'll have to excuse me on this one, but I didn't see that in his question. We sit here and slag off "tour dodgers" and now it seems we are condemning someone for wanting to go on tour. For what it's worth I have volunteered for all my recent deployments because I wanted to go and do something hopefully useful rather than sit around in UK. Maybe the OP wanted the same.

Afraid to say that we (the next Bn to go) are scaling down the number of VMs and adding more Recovery Mechs. Although that being said, it looks as though recovery ISTs may well have a VM crewman once we get out there.

Have you thought about outside of the Corps? Dog handler - I know blokes we didnt have pencilled in to go have looked at that route and some have been successful despite it being quite rigourous training.

You'll have to excuse me on this one, but I didn't see that in his question. We sit here and slag off "tour dodgers" and now it seems we are condemning someone for wanting to go on tour. For what it's worth I have volunteered for all my recent deployments because I wanted to go and do something hopefully useful rather than sit around in UK. Maybe the OP wanted the same.
I'm not a slagger of tour dodgers at all - If one wants to deploy then so be it - no need to ask dumb questions on here though - he's got the green from his ' boss' anyway. It's a bit like me saying "Hi everyone im past being considered as a reservist so i'm ******* off to Najaf to provide close protection support to a load of gopping mobile phone mast engineers- what should i pack in my wash bag ?

I'm not a slagger of tour dodgers at all - If one wants to deploy then so be it - no need to ask dumb questions on here though - he's got the green from his ' boss' anyway. It's a bit like me saying "Hi everyone im past being considered as a reservist so i'm ******* off to Najaf to provide close protection support to a load of gopping mobile phone mast engineers- what should i pack in my wash bag ?
Go and get your head down you sheep's ****.

Threaders I reckon you'd have to be a little more specific regarding your current CEG and the role you want to take, in order to get anything useful on here.

You say that like its a bad thing.

Admit it you just misunderstood the OP and thought it was some bloke wanting to get on a Herrick tour but only in a remfy low risk behind the wire role

Read it again and stop being such a towering horses ****

Alternatively PM bravo bravo for advice

Get on the MS homepage on DII or Armynet
Click on Operational commitments on LHS
Phone the WO1 at MCM (contact details 1/2 way down the page) and discuss your deployment options, bearing in mind your rank/CEG and what vacancies they have. They may even be able to give you acting rank if they need to fill a slot sharpish.
I have just returned from an out of trade (and REME) OCE post, this was arranged by OCE, who then sought permission for me to deploy by REME Soldier Wing.
Pm me if you want any more advice.

Find out the next few Bdes to deploy and give the Bart of each a call. They will be looking to find enough blokes to fill all the slots of the FET and will struggle. If your boss is on side that's half the battle won, and make sure you let any BArt know that you have your bosses OK. If you can't get hold of the BArt's give the BEME's a call and explain what you want and what you can offer. They will always have blokes drop out just before a tour so having a willing volunteer is always good news for them. I did PM you last week with this info, but having checked my message sent list it looks like the system has been playing games.

Latest Threads