How to get into Downing Street with MOD 90

R

R_jackson

Just a thought I've been in 7 years now and never been to London I fancy sight seeing .... Etc just wondering if you can get into Downing Street with mod 90

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gen dit when I was in the air cadets (yeah yeah, whatever) our sqn leader did exactly that. We'd been to the cabinet war rooms and he just blagged us all in.

Nice chat with the copper, flash of the ID and explained he was showing a load of cadets around and that was that. The copper let us in.

We didn't go into number 10 but we got to poke around one of the jags, saw the famous cat and had some phots taken on the doorstep.

I'd suggest that if you're not accompanying a massive crowd of spaccy looking kids, you won't have the same luck.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Gen dit when I was in the air cadets (yeah yeah, whatever) our sqn leader did exactly that. We'd been to the cabinet war rooms and he just blagged us all in.

Nice chat with the copper, flash of the ID and explained he was showing a load of cadets around and that was that. The copper let us in.

We didn't go into number 10 but we got to poke around one of the jags, saw the famous cat and had some phots taken on the doorstep.

I'd suggest that if you're not accompanying a massive crowd of spaccy looking kids, you won't have the same luck.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Did something very similar with the Int Corps.

What with a lot of those in Downing Street being ex public school boarders, you could try to enter by the back entrance.

I thought Downing Street was still classed as a public right of way?

Sent from my iPhone using The Force

Also remember that you can use your mod 90 at the cashpoint to get an emergency payment of £50. Your PIN number is the last 4 of your number. Your mod90 has lots of uses.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
you just wave yer mod 90 and tell them you are a friend of SIR BHP with the two VCs and you will be whisked right in .

You have 2 choices:

1. Listen to the baying mob (some who still think the army ID card is pink & and some who wouldn't recognise a MOD 90 if the fell over one.

2. A serving soldier who knows the facts.

The choice is yours ^~

Just a thought I've been in 7 years now and never been to London I fancy sight seeing .... Etc just wondering if you can get into Downing Street with mod 90
Not sure, could be tricky, security and all that. But it'll definitely get you into the House of Commons, provided that you go in the morning when the House isn't in session. Just ask the copper on the gate and he'll tell you what to do.

I thought Downing Street was still classed as a public right of way?

Sent from my iPhone using The Force
Officially it still is a right of way but the police on the gate have the right to deny access on the grounds of security - A denial being the default position. If there is no drama on and you ask nicely you may be allowed in and the DPG bloke at the door (the only one wearing a 'traditional' helmet) may even take a photo of you next to number 10.

It's very much at the discretion of the duty DPG blokes. You will still have to go through the security shed where the metal detector is of course.

Any member of the public has the right to enter the House of Commons. Unless you have a HoC pass you will need to turn left before St Stephens entrance and follow the walkway down to the security room. After a search and the issue of a photo ID you can proceed through to the Central Lobby.

A MOD 90 will not assist you here though.

Officially it still is a right of way but the police on the gate have the right to deny access on the grounds of security - A denial being the default position. If there is no drama on and you ask nicely you may be allowed in and the DPG bloke at the door (the only one wearing a 'traditional' helmet) may even take a photo of you next to number 10.

It's very much at the discretion of the duty DPG blokes. You will still have to go through the security shed where the metal detector is of course.

Any member of the public has the right to enter the House of Commons. Unless you have a HoC pass you will need to turn left before St Stephens entrance and follow the walkway down to the security room. After a search and the issue of a photo ID you can proceed through to the Central Lobby.

A MOD 90 will not assist you here though.
Done that very interesting sitting in the House of Lord and Commons, also your MOD90 will get you a discount on the House of parliament guided tours when the Parliament are not sitting, worth the money even at a discounted rate.
Saturday and Summer Opening tours - UK Parliament