How to fly a C-130

Discussion in 'Tanks, planes & ships' started by A2_Matelot, Feb 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

2. Thats pretty amazing, although i thought at times he was going to stack into the ground like the B52 crash. Don't the RAF have little 'jollys' like that when they get bored?

3. Mav

Mav Old-Salt

Someone give that man a Spectre :nod:

4. I felt sick watching it from the cockpit view! Did an MMR flight in a Herc down in FI in 88, the pilot that day chucked it round a bit but nothing like that, thank god.

5. No because our planes would fall apart if they did that

6. Good crew coordination with the FO calling the go/no go calls during the manoeuvres going close to the limits. Love the "Bitchin' Betty" there at the end calling all 3 warnings in succession.

7. They used to. Sadly they got a bit of a bad press after running-down a Sea King in the South Atlantic, taking some poor bloke's napper off at South Cerney, and stoofing-in in the Cairngorns during a sporting route-reversal at high AUM.

8. The Pilot had more guts than the 'auto pilot', who was for ever bitch'n.
    Used to crew these and Andovers during my Air Dispatch days, add in a little bit of Beaver and the odd Wessex drop, and oh it did bring back memories.
    Such as certain Sgt who on finals vomited his false teeth into a sicky, plucked them out put them back into his mouth and still made green on. Or the time I was watching roll out with my hand nonchalantly on the static cable, as the first chutes snapped I though my hand had been smashed off. Mine you those were the highs, as I spent most of my time in the Dufalite mines [I must of been one excellent Duffalite maker, I tell myself] I didn't get too many of them. Although I did get my Brevet within 2 years with the help of 9 drops one day from a Beaver, whilst during a GD tour in Moscow Camp.