How to find out who flies at 0230 each day

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by 06FA56Paderborn, May 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help, is there a way of finding out who/what the flights are from my local airport (Brussels Zaventem) through out the night.

I have looked up flight arrival and departures for the airport, but it does not list anything between the hours of 2359 and 0500 when a Corendon Airlines flight heads for Turkey. I have also found some flight tracking websites but they only cover passenger flights.

I suspect it might be freight or mil and am just curious as to who the hell they are and where they are going.

So any pointers as to where I can try and find out would be most welcome.

PS. As i am getting on a bit now I can't be arsed to stay up till they take off and try and identify the aircraft by sight, nor do I want to be alerting any "law enforcement authorities" ending up being interviewed in that establishment the Nazis set up on the Ave Louise.
  2. Having used Google (?) the following might be useful fo you:

Casper - Live Aircraft Tracking

You can select the time and date to look at previous flights or look at it in real time if you wish.

3. At that time of the morning, they're either Pikeys or freight. I doubt very much if they're mil, being Belgian. Over on PPRuNe there are two boards where you might find out more; Spotters or Airlines, Airports & Routes.

Go on, you know you want to.
  4. Thank you for your help.

Cloudbuster, not so interested as to devote much time to the search, but in an idle moment I may just d some research.

Not sure I wan't to get a reputation for accessing PPrune, as that may precipitate a visit from the men in white coats.
  5. A LOT of freight goes in/out in the small hours and Belgium (and Holland) is used as a freight hub by a lot of freight lines. Those cucumbers arnt going to walk up from Spain and kill people on their own you know!
  6. PPRuNe's a great place for watching Crab's ripping into each other, so for entertainment-value, I'm giving it a 9.
  7. Bear in mind that all of these 'live radar' sites are nothing of the kind. They utilise ADS B and only circa 60% of aircraft are equipped, none of those are military.
    I've done 37 years in ATC and still going, if this flight isn't on a schedule then it'll be freight or mail :)
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

'I've done 37 years in ATC and still going'

I had no idea they'd let you be a cadet for this long... ;)
  9. I've got all the badges and everything :)
  10. That's rich given your background!!
    Chances are they are freight flights. DHL has a main European hub at Zaventem.
  11. Extraordinary Rendition.

Wotchit or it's hollies in Guantanamo for you.
  12. Converts are the worst.
  13. Touché. A hit, a palpable hit!