How to deal with Oxygen Thieves - AKA The Shitlist

Greetings All,

I've been working hard here at BFG Towers to bring you........

shitlist.xpi (EDIT 12/11/2006 this link doesn't work with later versions of Firefox - you need to use this version for firefox 1.5.x.x) ( Technical note : you'll need to save it onto your desktop & then drag it into a firefox window.)

Unfortunately, it's only for Firefox users.
It's a way of 'ignoring' ANY user - you'll never see ANY of their posts.

Here's how it works.

Notice in the screenshot above, a ' # ' symbol just before my username.
When you click it, this happens :-

When you click on ' OK ', the page refreshes & you get this :-

Notice that you can, if you wish, click on ' Toggle Display ' to see the contents of that particular post.
Also, notice that the '
# ' is still there - this will take someone OFF your shitlist.

Original Credit goes to a guy called ' Unarmed ' from http://forums.mozillazine.org
He wrote the original script, I just tweaked it to work with ARRSE.

Feedback will be graciously recieved.

TTFN

BFG

P.S. If you don't have Firefox, you really should consider it.

H

hoohaha

Excellent idea BFG, especially when we are under incoming from knobbers like ruperto/silas, could have done with one of these earlier

Many thanks for the repellent, troll, mk1

Hey,
i just downloaded firefox and it's brilliant. The way it works makes IE look like a ford fiesta and firefox like a maserati. Advice to anyone, get it and take just 10 minutes to find your way around it, it's the nuts. The Shitlist function is a bloody wonderful idea too. Thanks BFG, hard work and time much appreciated.

BFG 9000 said:
Greetings All,

I've been working hard here at BFG Towers to bring you........

It's a way of 'ignoring' ANY user - you'll never see ANY of their posts.

fanbloodytastic!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!! Works a treat BFG!! :lol:

I'm sorry BFG but that is far too complicated for me. I am a bit of a technophobe - Just ask BBC. She knows how slow I type. I have however come up with a solution. Those with less than up to scratch Computer Skills can simulate the same effect by raising a hand in front of the monitor. Thus obscuring the offending post. Try it for yourself.

Scratch my last BFG. After following your clear and concise instructions I have installed the software and successfully added that cnut sniper9 to my shit list.

Thanks Mate.

Tubbyboy said:
I just tried it, unfortunately it says that it won't work with Firefox Version 1.5, any ideas?
Grettings All,

I'm working on a version compatible with Firefox 1.5
I'll post here when it's done.......

TTFN

BFG