How to change the default FONT/SIZE ??

When I start-up the computer and select “Microsoft Works Word Processor”, the default font is “Times New Roman” (size 10).

I confess to a predilection, preference, to using and working-with “Arial” (size 11).

I have looked for - and failed - to find a way to re-set this de-fault setting for the font.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1

Devon_Walker, you're a STAR! Take the rest of the day OFF!

For something like five years, I've been re-setting the FONT/SIZE with every new document - and, it was beginning to annoy me.

Footnote: It works! I’ve just <COPY> and <PASTED> this across, to use the WORKS’ spellchecker, and it all happened just as you said.

Ah! I am one happy “Trucker”.

Thank you :)

Devon_Walker, you're a STAR! Take the rest of the day OFF!

For something like five years, I've been re-setting the FONT/SIZE with every new document - and, it was beginning to annoy me.

Footnote: It works! I’ve just <COPY> and <PASTED> this across, to use the WORKS’ spellchecker, and it all happened just as you said.

Ah! I am one happy “Trucker”.

Thank you :)
Think nothing of it "Truckie" ;-) You're actually the first, well only, person to say anything remotely complimentary to me, all day, nay: all year ! For good measure, Windows 7 and latter versions of Word are handled thus How to set the default font in Word

All down to Microsoft I'm afraid, so yep, I googled the whole thing. Did you want your shilling back .....?