How to catch an iPhone thief

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Speedy, Jan 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://iphonetheif.blogspot.com/2010/01/iphone-theif-bust.html

I've actually done some of these steps myself when checking out companies or individuals who want to get involved with my business, or tracking people who have trolled or 'accidentally' recommended a company in my forums. Often on their first post.
    Anyway, if you've got nothing to hide etc......

2. Seen a few similar stories. Amazing how little privacy we have.

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Even if I am impressed by this.......

God save us from Google... 8O

4. This is the NAAFI I thought it was going to end with a horrible mistake involving the guys cat a bottle of lube and some nails!

shame as that would have finished of that story nice

5. In fairness the bloke seems like a right fecking puffter. As soon as I knew where it was I would have been straight round with a baseball bat.

6. Of course you would! I reckon what the geezer did was very impressive indeed. He let the tea-leaf know (and not only from him, but from others around yon tea-leaf too) that he had the lowdown on him big-time and there was no hiding. Excellent drills on his part, I'd say.

MsG

7. [sarcasm]Surely there's an app for this? :roll: [/sarcasm]

8. Good work by him - exactly the over the top effort, outrageous stubborness, and just a hint of psych that I would expect from most servicemen.

9. So when do we get to the bit where the thief gets nailed to his front door?

10. Google is a life saver, I had an asian doctor try and scam me out of £1100 for a watch I sold him.

11. Internetz is scary!

12. Stay chooned, Eodmatt! :policeflat:

MsG

13. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Too many warnings to the thief.

Should have waited outside Pinche's house with Ramirez the Hispanic bouncer and fronted him.

14. I think it's scarier and funnier to make them sweat.

It's like when you've pulled a prank on someone, you know it's going to escalate , but you don't know when it's coming.

15. Yes I am 100% sure the story is true.

Now truly to find the same stuff about your own:

phone?
    home?
    name?
    family names?
    google the address?
    see the street view?

The Google is strong in this advert :tp: