How to carry bricks when youve no hod

#1
This is quite astonishing! There's no way to describe what this geezer does (and how well he does it), so just have a butcher's at the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YzwDlTK1tk

'Elf'n'Sayftee would have a major attack of the vapours!

MsG
 
#2
I would have p!ssed myself if that plank had bust!
 
#5
vvaannmmaann said:
Not sure our Elf'n'Safety boys would like that!
I for one would take him on tomorrow (well Monday anyway).
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#6
Nobody likes a smart-arrse! Good drills though.
 
#7
The thing that impressed me most about it is that it's obviously his bread and butter and he's turned it into an almost artistic act. Listen to whoever's filming say: "No way", as he takes the last two bricks and lobs them unerringly onto the top of his already impossibly high pile.

On the other hand, I'd love to see where he ends up with that enormous load of bricks, for I'm completely mystified as to how he gets 'em back down off his dumplin'.

MsG
 
T

trowel

Guest
#8
Speaking as someone in the game, those "bricks" weigh next to nothing. I would like to see him do that with proper British bricks, Staffordshire Blues or Southwater's.
 
#9
trowel said:
Speaking as someone in the game, those "bricks" weigh next to nothing. I would like to see him do that with proper British bricks, Staffordshire Blues or Southwater's.
So let's say they weigh a pound apiece (and there are 22 of them). Let's also say, for argument's sake, that he's about five-foot-six tall. That means he's got that weight on his dumplin' in a pile over 40 inches high. And at no time does it look as if he hasn't got the whole thing under control. That, and the fact that he does it all day, is what's so impressive about the whole thing.

But that might not mean very much for somebody "in the game". :D :D :D

MsG
 
#10
trowel said:
Speaking as someone in the game, those "bricks" weigh next to nothing. I would like to see him do that with proper British bricks, Staffordshire Blues or Southwater's.
i'd like to see you do it with cardboardboxes :roll:
 
T

trowel

Guest
#11
Bugsy and P G, neither of you have ever been anywhere near a building site have you? As a lad I "ran the hod" for 8 or 9 hours a day. The little ragheads party trick is not impressive in any way. :D
 
#12
trowel said:
Bugsy and P G, neither of you have ever been anywhere near a building site have you?
last time i was on a building site was... ooooh let me think... 5 hours ago actually
 
#13
trowel said:
Bugsy and P G, neither of you have ever been anywhere near a building site have you? As a lad I "ran the hod" for 8 or 9 hours a day. IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, the little ragheads party trick is not impressive in any way. :D
Oh dear, I do believe I detect something there. :D

I'd pay good money to see you carry out this fella's "party trick" just once without mishap, and not all day, as he does.

You should be a bit careful with your supercilious assumptions, for I have worked on building sites; and not only in Ireland, but also in Germany, Italy and America. I also "ran the hod" all day (although in Italy, you strap it to your back), and my little "party trick" was going straight up to the third and fourth floor via the scaffolding poles and balancing the hod on me shoulder. Mind you, you can only do that safely if you're a trained gymnast (as I am).

By the way, I fixed your quote for you. :D :D :D

MsG
 
#15
My Grandad used to do a similar thing with a plank of wood - with bricks piled on it - balanced on his bonse. Apparently they used to call it 'Tupping'.

Not sure he could have followed that bloke though, he's dead now so can't ask him.
 
#16
BanjoBill said:
My Grandad used to do a similar thing with a plank of wood - with bricks piled on it - balanced on his bonse. Apparently they used to call it 'Tupping'.
Nodding, I thought.
Tupping is, ahem, something quite different in these parts.
 
#17
Onetap said:
BanjoBill said:
My Grandad used to do a similar thing with a plank of wood - with bricks piled on it - balanced on his bonse. Apparently they used to call it 'Tupping'.
Nodding, I thought.
Tupping is, ahem, something quite different in these parts.
Aye well, I was only a kid when he told me his version of Tupping. Might well have just fed me a line - a cover up of the fact that t he dirty old lad was talking about fucking. Good on him if he was...
 
#18
Bugsy said:
You should be a bit careful with your supercilious assumptions, for I have worked on building sites; and not only in Ireland, but also in Germany, Italy and America. I also "ran the hod" all day (although in Italy, you strap it to your back), and my little "party trick" was going straight up to the third and fourth floor via the scaffolding poles and balancing the hod on me shoulder. Mind you, you can only do that safely if you're a trained gymnast (as I am).


MsG
Well the youtube video impressed me!! :D

Is your "party trick" on youtube? Bugsy?
 
#20
bovvy said:
Bugsy said:
You should be a bit careful with your supercilious assumptions, for I have worked on building sites; and not only in Ireland, but also in Germany, Italy and America. I also "ran the hod" all day (although in Italy, you strap it to your back), and my little "party trick" was going straight up to the third and fourth floor via the scaffolding poles and balancing the hod on me shoulder. Mind you, you can only do that safely if you're a trained gymnast (as I am).


MsG
Well the youtube video impressed me!! :D

Is your "party trick" on youtube? Bugsy?
If it is, Bovs, it'll be one of those black and white, Charlie Chaplin flickery filums with no sound. :D :D :D

MsG
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top