How to build a cell phone interceptor (video) -

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by jaybee2786, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Household Hacker has published a new episode where they show you how to create a cell phone interceptor. You will be able to pick up cell phone calls within a 2 mile radius and will need the following items: 1) A universal remote, 2) A lapel microphone, 3) A metal wok or bowl, 4) A jeweler's watch kit.

link http://www.techamok.com/?pid=3677

2. I find I can pick up any number of, "mobile," conversations using only my bus-pass.

3. GCHQ will save themselves a few quid then.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

:) Actually quite a good wind up. I might send it round and see if I can get someone to bite.

5. Ok, I'll bite.
    I'm not going to attempt it, as I don't have a spare... well, anything lying around.
    What does this actually do?
    I'm thinking... Big, painful feedback?

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Notice that "if cellular network encryption is turned off". Not very likely unless someone in Vodafone makes a very big cock up with the settings. Fear not, your mobile is safe - until the signal gets to landline at least, when the encryption stops.

7. Where a Telecomms engineer takes over with his tone and amp at the exchange, allegedly?

It's amazing what some people talk about on the phone..... :D

8. Orange used to turn it's A3 encryption off at 0900 and on again at 1630,some years ago!

9. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Oh yes armed with a butt phone we used to tap into a line to close down jobs in the street 1st day on the job in Liverpool heard someone doing a drug deal :roll: .Useed to be funy checking for live lines and someone on the phone tap in say hello and liten to them get paraniod :lol:

10. Or the D/B's in European Embassy's? :D