How to build a cell phone interceptor (video) -

Household Hacker has published a new episode where they show you how to create a cell phone interceptor. You will be able to pick up cell phone calls within a 2 mile radius and will need the following items: 1) A universal remote, 2) A lapel microphone, 3) A metal wok or bowl, 4) A jeweler's watch kit.

link http://www.techamok.com/?pid=3677

I find I can pick up any number of, "mobile," conversations using only my bus-pass.

:) Actually quite a good wind up. I might send it round and see if I can get someone to bite.

Ok, I'll bite.
I'm not going to attempt it, as I don't have a spare... well, anything lying around.
What does this actually do?
I'm thinking... Big, painful feedback?

Notice that "if cellular network encryption is turned off". Not very likely unless someone in Vodafone makes a very big cock up with the settings. Fear not, your mobile is safe - until the signal gets to landline at least, when the encryption stops.

Good CO said:
Notice that "if cellular network encryption is turned off". Not very likely unless someone in Vodafone makes a very big c*** up with the settings. Fear not, your mobile is safe - until the signal gets to landline at least, when the encryption stops.
Where a Telecomms engineer takes over with his tone and amp at the exchange, allegedly?

It's amazing what some people talk about on the phone..... :D

SparkySteve said:
Good CO said:
Notice that "if cellular network encryption is turned off". Not very likely unless someone in Vodafone makes a very big c*** up with the settings. Fear not, your mobile is safe - until the signal gets to landline at least, when the encryption stops.
Where a Telecomms engineer takes over with his tone and amp at the exchange, allegedly?

It's amazing what some people talk about on the phone..... :D
Oh yes armed with a butt phone we used to tap into a line to close down jobs in the street 1st day on the job in Liverpool heard someone doing a drug deal :roll: .Useed to be funy checking for live lines and someone on the phone tap in say hello and liten to them get paraniod :lol: