How To Be A Good Moderator

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Scotch-Pie, Aug 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cpunk the can of worms was ajar, you did your duty old boy for the good and benefit of course. Can anyone please explain how you become a Moderator also the required field of qualifications needed and good character trates required many thanks.
  2. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Was it a can or a jar? There you go. It’s just a case of being observant.
  3. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The way it works is that when a vacancy arises, individual Arrse members get asked if they want to do it. Since I've been a moderator, there has generally been a discussion of potential candidates for each vacancy in the Bat Cave, but the decision rests with the COs who select people they feel thay can work with. It's no more complicated than that.
  4. And do you have to spend all day on ARRSE trawling for bad fish?
  5. How about an OIC Aus det?!
  6. Wait until any half decent thread appears that provokes a response, then exercise your powers to have it sent to "The Hole".

Easy really.
  7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

If you are genuinely that upset that I moved yet another tedious thread about officers' accents from here to the Arrsehole, I would suggest that you probably need to get out a bit more.
  8. Damn, but this thread is getting tedious already ...........
    To the Hole with it!
  9. Like you, you mean?

No thanks.
  10. I've been around here for over 2 years now and have never been asked to moderate. I can't fathom why.

My boyfriend thinks it's because I have too little patience with people and that I 'condescend' too freely for his liking. Maybe he's right.
  11. What a witty and original riposte. You, sir, are a gem.
  12. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Wowee... and there I was thinking you'd left the site for good. Instead, it turns out that you're just a common or garden attention seeker. What a surprise.
  13. Thanks for all your effort you clearly put a lot of time and consideration into the replies to what seemed like a perfect FCO so you could all get some rounds down the range, never mind regroup gather your thoughts and let rip another day when you can be Arrsed.
  14. Errrrmmmm, yes. No one is going to ask you to be a moderator. One has to do a bit of "networking". One has to show oneself to be of good character, level headed, "with the programme", etc, etc. Is it a paid job?
  15. Go ahead, Cpunk, make my day.