How To Be A Good Moderator

Cpunk the can of worms was ajar, you did your duty old boy for the good and benefit of course. Can anyone please explain how you become a Moderator also the required field of qualifications needed and good character trates required many thanks.

elovabloke

ADC
Was it a can or a jar? There you go. It’s just a case of being observant.

cpunk

LE
Scotch-Pie said:
Cpunk the can of worms was ajar, you did your duty old boy for the good and benefit of course. Can anyone please explain how you become a Moderator also the required field of qualifications needed and good character trates required many thanks.
The way it works is that when a vacancy arises, individual Arrse members get asked if they want to do it. Since I've been a moderator, there has generally been a discussion of potential candidates for each vacancy in the Bat Cave, but the decision rests with the COs who select people they feel thay can work with. It's no more complicated than that.

Scotch-Pie said:
Wait until any half decent thread appears that provokes a response, then exercise your powers to have it sent to "The Hole".

Easy really.

cpunk

LE
zxninerpilot said:
Wait until any half decent thread appears that provokes a response, then exercise your powers to have it sent to "The Hole".

Easy really.
If you are genuinely that upset that I moved yet another tedious thread about officers' accents from here to the Arrsehole, I would suggest that you probably need to get out a bit more.

Damn, but this thread is getting tedious already ...........
To the Hole with it!

cpunk said:
zxninerpilot said:

Easy really.
If you are genuinely that upset that I moved yet another tedious thread about officers' accents from here to the Arrsehole, I would suggest that you probably need to get out a bit more.
Like you, you mean?

No thanks.

cpunk said:
Scotch-Pie said:
The way it works is that when a vacancy arises, individual Arrse members get asked if they want to do it. Since I've been a moderator, there has generally been a discussion of potential candidates for each vacancy in the Bat Cave, but the decision rests with the COs who select people they feel thay can work with. It's no more complicated than that.
I've been around here for over 2 years now and have never been asked to moderate. I can't fathom why.

My boyfriend thinks it's because I have too little patience with people and that I 'condescend' too freely for his liking. Maybe he's right.

zxninerpilot said:
cpunk said:
zxninerpilot said:

Easy really.
Like you, you mean?

No thanks.
What a witty and original riposte. You, sir, are a gem.

cpunk

LE
frenchperson said:
I've been around here for over 2 years now and have never been asked to moderate. I can't fathom why.

My boyfriend thinks it's because I have too little patience with people and that I 'condescend' too freely for his liking. Maybe he's right.
Wowee... and there I was thinking you'd left the site for good. Instead, it turns out that you're just a common or garden attention seeker. What a surprise.

Thanks for all your effort you clearly put a lot of time and consideration into the replies to what seemed like a perfect FCO so you could all get some rounds down the range, never mind regroup gather your thoughts and let rip another day when you can be Arrsed.

cpunk said:
frenchperson said:

Wowee... and there I was thinking you'd left the site for good. Instead, it turns out that you're just a common or garden attention seeker. What a surprise.
Errrrmmmm, yes. No one is going to ask you to be a moderator. One has to do a bit of "networking". One has to show oneself to be of good character, level headed, "with the programme", etc, etc. Is it a paid job?

cpunk said:
frenchperson said:

Go ahead, Cpunk, make my day.

frenchperson said:
cpunk said:
frenchperson said:

FP boil your head. cunt.

Scotch-Pie said:
You would have to be able to demonstrate that you could spell "traits" without outside help.

Which means you are doomed lad, doomed.

Dale the snail said:
frenchperson said:
cpunk said:
frenchperson said:

FP boil your head. cunt.

"Go ahead, Cpunk, make my day" is lost on you, obviously. It's a cryptic request to a moderator to do his job.

You, boy, should have been moderated out of existence by now. But it's not going to happen is it?

Quite recently, good old Bugsy had a feverish redneck trying to hound him out - and it succeeded.

The vitriol that Caubeen met with was totally shameful. So much so, I had to send him my commiserations before he went.

Whereas you and the others will continue to hurl your abuse unchecked, in an ongoing feeding frenzy, and a quest to outdo each other.

And that will ultimately be the death of this place. This site needs to be accepting or at least tolerant of viewpoints that run counter to the mainstream. If you lot were reined in, there would be a brighter future. Instead, we have rednecks and lynch mobs dishing out streams of anger and abuse.

I do respect PTP, incidentally, as a beacon in the darkness, despite the reactionary poll I put up the other day. But most of the moderators need to get their heads down and re-read the rulebook, then come back up for fresh air and be consistent. Otherwise it'll be the fat lady singing and we'll kiss our Arrse goodbye.

frenchperson, this drama queen / attention whore thing is a bore. If you're going to stand at the door, stamp your feet and throw your teddies before bowing out with a grand flourish, at least have the grace to stay away... :roll: