How they lied about immigration

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by codbutt, Apr 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ooooh!! You cant tell the truth about immigration... Whet will call you a fascist and a bigot for objecting to the lies and deceit of the main parties!!

2. And ALL of the arrogant lying bastards are complicit in this continuance of the criminal, idiotic attempt at "SOCIAL ENGINEERING", without daring to consult the British people! And you still have the brainwashed idiots who say you are racist if you dare oppose this CRIME!
    No wonder the BNP are gaining support!

3. Its in the Guardian, more Labour lies and spin.

4. My work takes me around the country and I spend quite a bit of time in a Northern, high immigrant, town. Several years ago I had to work with a Pakistani immigrant who was around 27 years old or so. He could speak very little English as he had been a deck hand on a Greek registered ship since leaving Pakistan five years previously. I can speak some Greek, though not fluently, and so we were able to communicate with a smattering of English and Greek. However, he told me his story. The vessel he was on plied trade mainly to the Far East and South America but on his last trip the ship docked in Liverpool. This was what he had been waiting for and jumped ship. He made his way to the northern town as there were people from his village who lived there. I met him some 6 months after he had arrived. He told me at first he was worried about being deported but he was assured by his countrymen that he could obtain a work permit very easily as the English were so worried about being called racists and therefore would help him. He applied at the job centre and within the 6 months he had received indefinite leave to remain and a work permit. He told me he wanted to work in Britain for about three years and then return to Pakistan to build a house and get married.
    I met him, and worked with him, again 7 years later. By now he was proficient in English so communication was much easier than before. He was now married having brought his bride over from his village (a cousin) with two children and another due. He told me he was leaving early that day as he had to collect his father’s prescription from the chemist and then carry his father to bed as he was confined to a wheelchair due to illness. I questioned this as I reminded him of his original plans of returning to Pakistan after three years work here. He told me after three years he applied for, and got, British citizenship and that the European Convention of Human Rights states he had the right to a family life. On learning this he brought over his aged parents, and his brothers/sisters (how many I haven’t a clue and didn’t ask) and they all lived happily together in Britain which he now considered his home. What sort of work did his siblings do I asked. Nothing, he replied, they are unable to work for the time being and his sister(s)? looked after the house as his father was a bit old fashioned and didn’t want them mixing with the opposite sex.
    So we have one immigrant working, and the rest of his family on benefits for the foreseeable future. If this is repeated throughout the towns of Britain the drain on resources must be immense. But diversity and immigration enriches the nation so we should all be thankful.

5. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Arranged marriage. Dowry. Uk citizenship.

Do the maths.

I watched a former colleague go back east and choose a bride based on what he could offer. No new news here.

6. Watch out, all the limp wristed, handwringing, islamophiles,(ottar & rumpelstiltskin come to mind), will be calling you "Der Fuhrer's" love child if you continue to tell such tales of our countries exploitation by these parasites! Link this with all the other flotsam such as Somali's, sundry other African countries, Kosovar's, Rumanian & Czech or Slovak Gypsies, all of whom have large, mostly non productive families, and you can see the massive drain on our resourses! But as you say "immigration enriches the nation" NOT :x :x

7. Yes, and what happened to Vicky Harrison who had three A-levels and 10 GCSEs and still couldn't get a decent job?

8. That's the problem no new news! It's been going on for decades.

9. "How they lied about immigration -.........

and,

Weapons of Mass Destruction.

A promise to hold a referendum.

Crime figures.

Climate change.

the list is endless.

When as a government you give credence and power to the likes of:

Mandelson, Campbell, Whelan, McBride and other deceitful liars,

then lies become the 'norm' and 'truth' becomes a distant memory.

10. Before any of your rabid on-line friends kick off with their wild and spurious allegations, may I make myself very clear by stating that I have no intention of even guessing where your political allegiance lies, nor to be quite frank, am I remotely interested. What I will say though, is that you were doing OK right up to the point where you introduced the father and the brothers/sisters.

11. Ah,but think of the Labour votes being imported.You just do see the big picture.

Seriously,this is the sort of thing that has nearly ruined Britain and if Labour win the forthcoming election surely will.

12. Going off-thread a little the massaged unemployment and inflation figures are worth a mention.

13. What utter bollox

:roll:

14. No Whet. That never happens does it 8O