How the US Green Berets Work

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

How the Green Berets Work
    by Josh Clark

Introduction to How the US Army's Green Berets Work

Whether riding donkeys through the rugged mountains of Afghanistan, assembling guerrilla armies in Vietnam, or training paramilitary police to fight drug cartels in Columbia, the Green Berets have come to represent the most adaptable and specialized organization available in the United States' military arsenal.

Link to article.:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/green-beret.htm/printable

2. And your point is?

Do you think that after 2 years of dullardry you might have highlighted enough pap about this lot that anyone with 2 brain-cells, access to the Discovery Channel and a working knowledge of Google can find for themselves without your help?

The World Series is on Fox right now, you know. Pay attention somewhere else for once.

3. :D Just don't read it if you aren't interested.

4. OK, calling all Yanks here. Can one of you point me towards a similar US website to arrse? What I'd like to do is simple. I'm going to post thousands of tales of British military derring-do, biogs of gutsy Brit soldiers, and stories of British military successes. Nothing else, just that.

I'm sure Trip is a top bloke and all that, but for the life of me, why does he regularly post seemingly random links to US military stories? Does he feel we need educating or something?

Do us a favour Trip -- post one about a Brit, or an Aussie, or a Canuck... or even a German. Just for a bleeding change........ :?

5. Trip is sharing stuff, if he didn't no one would see it. I don't see anybody slating any oz or NZ posters for their links

Hit or miss everyone is free to place links in threads. It is a military site and its posted it in the Multinational forum.

Please explain why this upsets your apple cart.

Or is it personal

WHy am I bothered!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

6. Thanks.

7. Well, I suppose it is the Multinational section, so I stand corrected. I'm not slating the guy, it just seems to me a bit, well, odd I guess. He's posted stacks -- all seemingly alluding to the greater glory and prowess of Uncle Sams' finest.

Just once, couldn't he post one about a good ole fashioned US Army feck up? Just one, hmm? Come on Trip....

8. Trip,

Just ARRSE search Jeremy Clarkson or St Nazaire or Army commando(e)s or blowing up jerry sub things with a barking idea and I'm sure you'll see what the real Green Berets did long before your crowd muscled in.

Sorry lads I'm in a particularly bad mood brought on by some septics comment I fucked off today in the city where i live in regard to why I was wearing a poppy.

9. Pray tell?

10. You put them on your head just like any other beret. Jeez!

11. Oops missed the apostrophe before the grammar mafia descend

12. Dave,

you just don't want to know mate

13. Clearly too raw and painful then!!!! Don't know about you, but it seems to me that in the last few years, wearing poppies has become very much a minority thing. Certainly wasn't always that way. I remember getting quite "irate" at work last year, seeing as I was in a building containing 100's of people, I was one of a handful with a poppy up.

Should have been sensible and diplomatic, instead of getting "emotional" and telling a few innocent [?] colleagues what I thought of them. Not Dave's way though, sadly... hence my curiosity ref the Septic!!

14. We do now.

Tell, Tell, Tell, Tell, Tell, Tell.

Pleasseeeeee!!!!!

15. The answer is obviously YES. Trippy thinks this is interesting to other people.