How The Mighty Have Fallen

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Pasty Boy, Dec 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He may never have been the most popular member of the Corps (except one of particular thread in this Forum) but I would never have expected this of the grumpy old man:

Army chief is a major dope after hash farm rap | The Sun |Scottish News

'The ex-Royal Engineer dodged prison when a sheriff heard he’d received the Queen’s Jubilee Medal, the Accumulated Service Medal and UN gongs for his service in Kosovo and Cyprus.' Very surprised he escaped jail as I hardly think that's anything too impressive.

2. Well feck me sideways ..... you have made my day!

3. Does the merest hint of a brandy sour give you flashbacks???

4. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Never ceases to amaze (and disappoint) me to read of how magistrates are taken in by a lot of irrelevant blah from the defence.

Puzzled by the report - at one point he is 'ex-RE' and at another 'The Army are investigating'. But maybe that's just muddled journalism.

5. Both are correct, he was RE and now works for the TA. Although perhaps not for much longer ... how did he think he could get away with that? I actually do feel sorry for him.

6. fairmaidofperth - guess you weren't one of his fans then?!

I only knew him as an LE and had a few heated discussions but have heard the stories about his time as a WO/RSM.

As he was working as a TA QM, I wonder where he grew it?

7. Just seems wrong. Anyone working in civvy street say with no previous, just doing the same job at the same place year in, year out would likely be doing bird.

As an earlier poster stated; sheriff taken in by a load of guff.

8. looks like a grumpy bastard. maybe he might have enjoyed playing "mummies and daddies" with the other lags...

9. I will, if you let me.

10. I love your train of thought. 'Steer clear of birds with trainers, they expect too much in the sack'! :)

11. We made our own sport, it's called Hunt the Jensen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Genuine question, does getting a Jubilee Medal and a handful of tour gongs count as being decorated?

13. Probably not, especially compared to your rack. You don't see many still serving with the 1914-1918 star! ;-)

14. I keep lying about my age.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No but holding the BEM might.