how the hell can the Gunners be so wrong?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by jumpinmonkey, May 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the title of this thread will clearly open a mass of comedy abuse but it's time to pull up the soap box and rant!

Regular adjutant fails 2 x PFT or whatever they are called now, and what do the gunners do? berate him and put him on a 3 month bender like the rest of he soldiers would be (obviously with a detailed remedial PT programme); how stupid of me to think so. surely it would be fairer to promote the poor soul to an acting major and give him a Battery to command. Having failed a PFT prior to leave you would have thought the self conscious and diligent officer would train some of his fat ass off to regain some credibility and allow a modicum of understanding for the slave to his desk; however on return from leave the Gym buster played a blinder stating CO's PT would be a steady state run. Great bluff! once all were assembled in the gym the programme had changed to a PFA. The last man in (behind a soldier has tried to discharge for failing PFT's) was the adjutant, with a time that a girl wouldnt pass with.

am I wrong to be offended by this preferrential treatment of a chief cake eater? lead from the front??
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fair play, he should have passed, but there could be a med reason.
  3. Craphats. Enough said.
  4. .
    Who cares, you're miles behind the front line anyway.
  5. no med reason
  6. Sounds like normal policy. Fail 2 x PFA's in the same trg year and get put on a bender. Policy applies to everyone. If he was smart he would have known the QMSI was bluffing and arranged an urgent phonecall at the same time.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Don't be silly, without double standards, it just wouldn't be the Royal Artillery now would it, or did you ever hear of an Artillery Officer's body being used as a gun plank?
  8. And you know because?

Maybe you do work in the med centre and have access to his medical notes for a legitimate purpose. Or maybe not.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I'm sure most capbadges have a few bluffing phys lizards.
  10. Or maybe he is just lazy?
  11. Can't see the problem. It's only a PFT. He's probably excellent at other aspects of his role.
  12. True, but a 10:30 PFT is hardly difficult for someone who's fully fit.
  13. Yes, but if you're busy and can't generally be arsed. After all there's a job to do, maybe he was covering for some gurner who was always away playing sport.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Agreed might have a med reason, might have better things to do (he is the Adjt afterall).

Sent via Tapatalk HD
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Perhaps his fitness level is indicative of the overall importance placed on fitness in the unit? I served in units where the emphasis on personal fitness varied wildly - although if the CO did not care for it, that attitude seemed to pervade....
    • Like Like x 1