• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

How terribly twee

I recently sent a pm to someone on ARRSE and, on re-reading it, I found that the rather innocuous expression “p*** up” had been changed to “urine up”.

OK, I accept that certain words need to be “translated” but programing the site to change p*** to urine is really wet (no pun intended).

and bollocks seems to come out as "balls"

Whenever I type bourgois, it appears in preview and on the screen as "twee"

Surely someone is taking the piss here?

Anyway it's time to retire for another glass of Croft

For fuck's sake why post this in current affairs ??

Balleh said:
I recently sent a pm to someone on ARRSE and, on re-reading it, I found that the rather innocuous expression “p*** up” had been changed to “urine up”.

OK, I accept that certain words need to be “translated” but programing the site to change p*** to urine is really wet (no pun intended).
It is a bit sad isn't it - especially when clinking on some links can be very very un work-safe.

Anyway, up here its "Pish" anyway...

subbsonic said:
and bollocks seems to come out as "balls"

Whenever I type bourgois, it appears in preview and on the screen as "twee"

Surely someone is taking the piss here?

Anyway it's time to retire for another glass of Croft

For fuck's sake why post this in current affairs ??
Well, it got a rise out of you!

bluntslane said:
That's weird, I've got one of those filters in my head, I think "Bugsy" and a sub-title appears marked "********". Now that's twee!
All those lessons for nothing! You need a full-stop after "head", and "subtitle" is one word.

Don't forget, we'll be starting with joined-up writing next week. :D :D :D

MsG

Latest Threads