How stupid....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Awol, Apr 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Out in 18 months? and then what? a holiday in America to give them time to adjust?

Our country is a bag of boll-ocks where the law is concerned, what ever happened to life meaning life, or make an example of them?

Bring back hanging and swing the lot of em...

Mind you, at least they didnt get away with an ASBO.
  2. I know, words fail m...
  3. Don't be silly. It was only "yobbish and stupid behaviour".
  4. Absolutely. You'd think the judge was dealing with some kids guilty of a little horse play. I thought stupid behaviour was larking about, getting into mischief. Seems it means manslaughter/murder nowadays.
  5. British "JUSTICE", Hahaaaaaaaaaaa Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!, Oh Dear....Oh dear dear dear!...Priceless just Fcuking priceless, Time to Die I think, or start killing these stinking young killers, because the Courts seem to be hell bent on rewarding the scroty barstewards, what a mess, what a God awfull mess this once great country is in, and after ten years of of a so called Labour government, the "Party of the Working Man". GTF.
  6. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Outrage-Meter ... off the clock.

I see this is so many areas ... the Magistracy and Judiciary utterly failing to reflect Society's perceptions of what is really BAD.

From today's local paper [OK, we don't know the full story]

1. Possessing 2 firearms at home = fined £150 :roll:
    2. Failing to produce Driving License & Insurance, and 50mph in a 40mph limit = fined £360.
    3. Driving carelessly = £600.
    4. Driving whilst holding a mobile 'phone = £100.
    5. Grave and Criminal Assault = £450. And, for spitting in the street a month previously, "bound over for 12 months".
    6. Driving without insurance = £400.

I get bemused, I really do.
  7. What p*sses me off is that time on remand is taken off their sentences automatically :evil:
  8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

No, fair do's ... they've been locked up already.
    i have no problem with that.

The real bu66er is when you've been locked up on remand, and then found "Not Guilty". How do you compensate for that? Even if you never dropped the soap?
  9. They get compensation for everything these days, so why not for the time in doors before the 'not guilty'. No this time should not be taken off any sentenceing as they already get a 3rd off their sentence for 'good behaviour'!
  10. Lesson from history: Capt Hugh Pigot (1769 - 1797).
    (From Dudley Pope's 'Life in Nelson's Navy')

Pigot, after one particularly yobbish and stupid incident involving the deaths of three young seamen, was hacked up with axes and thrown into the sea - still alive, apparently - by those in his care.

I like to compare that episode with this Government and some of its' officials, judges and policemen, and their future prospects. And then I have another glass of this fine wine, and calm down.
  11. Time for the normal people to get on the magistrates board.
    Any idea's how to go about it, I've got my own black cap ;-p

google is our friend........

edited to add:

Personal qualities
    You don't need formal qualifications or legal training to become a magistrate.

However, you will need to be able to demonstrate six key personal qualities:

good character
    understanding and communication
    social awareness
    maturity and sound temperament
    sound judgement
    commitment and reliability
    Because of the need to maintain public confidence in the impartiality of the judiciary, employees in a small number of occupations (for example, police officers and members of the regular Armed Forces) cannot become magistrates.
    Good character
    Magistrates must command the confidence of the public, have personal integrity and have the respect and trust of others. This means that, for example, it is unlikely that you will be appointed if you are an undischarged bankrupt.

Serious motoring offences or persistent offending may be a disqualification.
    Health and disability
    The magistracy welcomes applications from people with disability. However, if your health would prevent you from carrying out any of the range of magistrates' duties, you may not be eligible.
    What do I do next?
    there are over 360 magistrates' courts in England and Wales - you can choose to sit at one near where you live or where you work There are a few important issues to consider before you apply........................
  13. I,ve got some 2inch Hemp Rope, can I have a Job?
  14. Bloody good thing too.

There could be sense, proportion and intelligence all sitting on the Bench together then. Can't have that.