• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

how soon can you be deployed after basic training reme ta

I was asked a question by my brother whom is just going througth his basic training with reme ta, he is already a qualified mechanic in civvy street, but has just finished his tafs 2, iam i right in saying he wont get deployed until he has at been accessed after tafs 3 completed and his unit has estabilished his abilitys as a vm?

:?:

Thats normally the case once he has done his class three, then he can stand a chance of getting called up, however in most case they actually ask the unit for 'volunteers' unless his trade is specifically required urgently.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
StabTiffy is quite correct - no chance of sand in his boots unless he wants it. Some possibility mid- next year, but not very much even then.

Latest Threads