How soon can a QA nurse get promoted to Sgt

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nursienorth, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As said above. I was led to believe it was 3/4 years worth of CR's?

Can a full screw get Acting Sgt after 18 months???

2. Acting rank is a completely diffrent ball game, for sub rank you need to be sub Cpl for 4 years before you can pick up.

3. It also depends on whether or not they can do the job of a SNCO. Do you think that after 18 months of being a full screw (possibly thier first rank since Pte) that they can do a SNCO's job to the standard required, i doubt that they can.

4. JSP527 Chapter 2, Section 6

How boring is that????

5. If you were led to believe it was 3/4 years worth of CRs before you could get promoted to Sgt; why are you asking if you can get acting rank after 18 months? Bored with being a Corporal already?

Correct me if I'm wong but aren't QA Nurses on Common Terms of Service (CToS)? i.e. Generally, the minimum length of service between Cpl & Sgt is 4 years in substantive rank?

I'm sure that if you ask your RCMO or OC Nursing he / she will contact AMS MCM Div for you; then you'd have your answer! or Promotion Details are contained in AGAI 35, have a look also at:

http://www.army.mod.uk/servingsoldier/termsofserv/tosoffrs/pqo.html

L

6. Is actually not me...it's a duty rumor about one of my colleagues. I thought you couldn't get it for 4 years, but i have told he 'may' be picking up his Sgt soon. I personally think he'll be an arse Sgt and the rank will go to his head, and he's still only a newly qualified nurse, and not a fab one at that.

7. Spotter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm embarrased for you if you knew that without looking!

8. Stop talking sh1t and get the brews on nursienorth

9. You sure you want a nurse to make to a brew..i have access to all sort of exciting additives that would go down a treat

Furosemide anyone?? Maybe you'd prefer something stronger...arachis oil???

10. depends on how many blowjobs she is giving to 1st RO and 2nd RO

11. if he was a substansive fullscrew before starting nurse trg then its entirely possible for them to pick up after a year.

12. Excellent, highlights some of the characteristics of the nurse species

An urge to run before mastering walking

Bitterness and sniping at the advancement of colleagues

Tsk Tsk

13. gimme gimme gimme, I recently had a newly qualified nurse asking if she could get her acting Sgt, she'd only had her sub Cpl 4 months!
    you/him/her will get promoted when your/his/her time comes.

14. Have you been spying on me again moosehunter!!! LOL

15. well - todays the day

Cpls to Sgt list is out!