How small is the world of Arrse

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fish-head, Mar 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst in SL chat recently I discovered I was working about 30' from another arrser in the mountainous sandy place.

There was also the guy with the arrse watch strap who did my pass. Is it me or is arrse like the bloody masons?
  2. No, its just you. However near you worked to me i avoided you because of the smell of rotting cabbage and the obvious Naval interest in the wellbeing of my pods. Strange man.
  3. No it's just you fishy
  4. No it isn't, Arrse is a very, very small world!!!!!!
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

No in the Army trousers are rolled up and secured with elastics as normal, in the masons its a ritual ;)
  6. Mind you, I have noticed a disconcerting tendancy amongst the yong turks of today's army not to bother with said elastic devices, once cleverly marketed and branded as "Trouser-Twists", which really grips my Shi'ite, as one Sunni said to another, while knocking another RPG into his launcher.
  7. Puttees were in when I started. Wonderful things to put on with a hang-over. They were designed to cover the fact that our boots DMS were cheap shit.
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Phhnnaarrrr Phhnnaarrrr
  9. Gary or James?
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

My view is that, with the number of ARRSErs increasing daily, yet the Army decreasing, we should at some stage get to the point where everyone in the Army is in ARRSE, and at that strange point my head will probably implode...
  11. 20,000 odd members (yes, most of them are very odd) and you have met 2 Arrser's!!!

Bloody hell, the world is a small place.

Tell me, do you hang around Military Establishments? Because, at a guess, thats where you would find most people on a Army Web-site!!!

Aaaaaaand, breathe.
  12. Achieving the hang over with either puttees or gaiters required the use of chains in the bottoms of the trouser legs.
  13. I can't remember, it was a dry camp, I was most likely pissed!
  14. Yeah as a matelot I am often in army camps :numberone:
  15. Did I ask if you hang around Army camps???

Read again, think it through, and don't bother getting back to me some time soon (and Army is capitalised for future reference).