How should HM Forces move to accommodate transgender personnel in the ranks and what potential issues will be created?

I recently interviewed Tara Maclachlan for H-Hour Podcast. Tara is a former member of the RAF Regiment who I came to know when we became colleagues at Inmarsat a couple of years back.

I enjoyed the chat - typical off the wall humour and a fascinating insight into her life both pre and post transition from M-F.

Question: How should HM Forces move to accommodate transgender personnel in the ranks and what potential issues will be created AND how can these be overcome?

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2021-02-02-18h36m08s649.png
    vlcsnap-2021-02-02-18h36m08s649.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
What about the Royal Marines, give them a LBD and high heels and they'll fit in well

Question: How should HM Forces move to accommodate transgender personnel in the ranks and
There are already allowed to serve and some do. Why would it need to accommodate them in the ranks when they are already there?

what potential issues will be created
Most people don't like them and I include those from that trendy and inclusive group the LGB (Not the T).
A significant issue will be when Barry the bloke self identifies as a bird and wants to use the communal showers with the women.

AND how can these be overcome?

By the military suppressing any negative opinion at all (like it does for most other stuff).

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I predict this thread will take many new and colourful directions before being locked.

It's already in an appropriate forum

I recently interviewed Tara Maclachlan for H-Hour Podcast. Tara is a former member of the RAF Regiment who I came to know when we became colleagues at Inmarsat a couple of years back.

I enjoyed the chat - typical off the wall humour and a fascinating insight into her life both pre and post transition from M-F.

Question: How should HM Forces move to accommodate transgender personnel in the ranks and what potential issues will be created AND how can these be overcome?
What's your problem, don't you like women?

Obviously not

Ayatollah

Old-Salt
Back in the early 70's, I was part of a cadre course and the female Adjutant asked the question? Should Females be allowed to be frontline troops? All the standard answers came out, and overall the general response was NO. So I ask the same form of question should transgender troops be allowed to be frontline and meet the same standards as male troops, which I guess also includes Gays?

Last edited:
I managed to get a couple of them into the accommodation in Hong Kong!

Good times......

philc

LE
I am saying nothing, those looking to gain access to the ladies toilets are remorseless in the vendettas and grudges they hold.

I read your post as, "LOOK AT MEEEEE!"

You all know the argument with the brownie? center piece, edge piece, etc. corner is superior, because you get half and half. it’s a square and if you turn it over it looks like a diamond shape. let’s say the brownie is the earth right, and it’s day time on one side, night on the other. it’s like timezones. the center facing half is night, edge facing half is day. you get both center and edge at the same time. it all depends on where you start eating it first, which is your choice, but either way it’s still a brownie. this is the brownie: ⬛️ brown is edge facing side, which is also known as the crust of the brownie, black is center facing side, which is the actual brownie, it’s like bread. once you bite into it, you get both center piece and edge piece, no matter where you start eating. what matters is that you will have to finish the whole brownie, otherwise you only get one half, which defeats the whole point of it being a corner piece, as you only get about 5% of one texture, with a whole corner of the other. ok let’s say we had a 5x5 brownie, there are 9 center pieces, 12 edge pieces, and 4 corner pieces. now say there are 25 people at a party, enough so that each person gets 1 slice of brownie. 9 of them will get a center piece, 12 of them will get an edge piece, and the remaining 4 get the corner pieces. the 4 are special because they get to experience both center facing and edge facing sides of the brownie, while the rest get only 10% or 20% of the edge texture, which definitely isn’t fair, right? the edge may have both sides as well, but mostly consists of the center facing half, with only about 35% of the edge facing brownie. however, the top of the brownie has the same texture and flavour as the edge, but this matter supports my point, as there will still be more center piece than edge piece. the bottom is center, the right, left and front sides are center, and yet the top and actual edge of the brownie are the only parts with the edge texture. which does not have the same effect as the corner piece does. here’s an anagram of the edge piece: (⬛️=center, =brown) ⬛️(left side), ⬛️(right side), ⬛️(front side), (top), (back side). as you can see from this example, only about 35% of the brownie is edge texture, while the rest is center texture. now, let’s move on to the actual center piece. only the top of the center piece actually has the edge texture, while all the sides and the bottom all have center texture. anagram of center piece: ⬛️(bottom), ⬛️(left side), ⬛️(right side), ⬛️(front side), ⬛️(back side), (top). no matter what, the top of the brownie will always be edge texture, meanwhile the bottom will always be center texture. literally 90% of the center piece is center texture, while only 10% of it is edge texture. lastly, let’s move on to the corner piece. anagram: ⬛️(bottom), ⬛️(left, center), ⬛️(right, center), (top), (left, edge), (right, edge). as you can see from the example, both the edge side and the center side have the same anatomy, yet different textures. from the edge side, it has 2 sides to it, as well as on the top. now flip it over. it’s the same thing, but textures inverted. center texture has 2 sides, as well as on the bottom. the corner piece is 50% center, 50% edge. no matter how you cut a brownie, there will always be a corner piece. say you had a small brownie, and you cut it 2x2. that means there are 4 slices, all of them are corner. the corner piece will always be there, no matter how you cut the brownie. the actual center piece and edge piece are different, as they are not always there, which leads back to the 2x2 example above. eating the corner brownie, you are getting both center piece and edge piece, as long as you eat the whole brownie.

In conclusion: corner piece is superior.

Latest Threads