How shit is Cadbury chocolate

American confectionery has always been gopping, Hershey fake chocolate, Twinkies and peanut butter cups, not to mention the Oreo abortion.

American confectionery has always been gopping, Hershey fake chocolate, Twinkies and peanut butter cups, not to mention the Oreo abortion.
Mind you, how bad is this Marmite flavoured peanut butter stuff that being advertised at the moment?

Marmite that you can't spit out because it's stuck to the roof of your mouth!

All your worst nightmares.

Kirkz

LE
Mind you, how bad is this Marmite flavoured peanut butter stuff that being advertised at the moment?

No idea about the peanut butter stuff but I like Marmite.
Midges on the other hand don't, apparently.

TamH70

MIA
Neither do Drop Bears, which is handy if you are ever in the Ocker Bush.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
We had a shop like that on the next corner along from our house, it was called Dolly Cramptons.
Similar set up with a wall of glass jars at the back.
Sweet shop.jpg

Tool

LE

I prefer Bovril by miles over Marmite. I also eat Bovril with peanut butter. Surprisingly, the Marmite and peanut butter mix is rather good.

I prefer Bovril by miles over Marmite. I also eat Bovril with peanut butter. Surprisingly, the Marmite and peanut butter mix is rather good.
Bovril is lush spread on toast-also a teaspoon can transform baked beans which I've always found too sweet.

Kirkz

LE
Bovril is lush spread on toast-also a teaspoon can transform baked beans which I've always found too sweet.
Try a stores own variety of beans, they're not as sweet as Heinz.

dontenn

War Hero

yummy

I prefer Marmite, but I do like Bovril.

My favourite sandwich/bread roll filling, in order; bottom slice, butter, marmite, cheese, salad cream, peanut butter, Marmite, butter top slice. I flirted with the idea of some sort of salad (cucumber and/or lettuce) once, but it makes the sandwich disgusting.

Kirkz

LE
I prefer Marmite, but I do like Bovril.

My favourite sandwich/bread roll filling, in order; bottom slice, butter, marmite, cheese, salad cream, peanut butter, Marmite, butter top slice. I flirted with the idea of some sort of salad (cucumber and/or lettuce) once, but it makes the sandwich disgusting.
Try peanut butter, bovril crisps and cornflakes.

Try peanut butter, bovril crisps and cornflakes.
Thankfully, that was in response to Sammer's "I flirted with the idea of some sort of salad (cucumber and/or lettuce) once, but it makes the sandwich disgusting."

Yes, that would indeed be worse than cucumber and/or lettuce.

Personally, I've reluctantly converted to Vegemite (pron. vedge'emity) following Marmite's stupid decision to reduce the viscosity of their product when they introduced the squirty version. I have no desire to spend longer removing Marmite from my shirt or the floor than I do eating the stuff.

I like Marmite* too but I'm not going to smear it over me to keep bloody midges off!
*Other brands of yeast extract paste are available (Vegemite doesn't count - Yuk)

JackSofty

War Hero
Maximillian the hairy carpet shark's enthusiasm for Marmite had the criminal's nose on my toast yesterday. The wee git took advantage of my 20 second absence.

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Kirkz

LE
I like Marmite* too but I'm not going to smear it over me to keep bloody midges off!
*Other brands of yeast extract paste are available (Vegemite doesn't count - Yuk)
You just have to eat it, I have a teaspoon full a day for a couple of weeks before going to Scotland.
I think it's got vitamin D in it and the midges don't like it.
It doesn't stop them completely but it certainly seems to help, I've stood round at campsites hardly being affected while non Marmite lovers get chewed to bits.

When I was a kid we used to live just down the street from a big old fashioned sweetshop run by an old couple, the entire back wall behind the counter was jars of sweets with a ladder to get up to the top shelf where the real hardcore was kept, the Pontefract cakes, the real licorice root and the Creamline toffees, they had the old school scales, toffee hammers and 2oz and 4 oz paper bags. I knew every kind of boiled sweet , toffee, choc bar and the merits of flying saucers over pink prawns.

I had eight fillings while I was at school age.
Only eight? You weren't trying hard enough.

I had 13 by the age of 12, and they were those gopping big mercury fillings too.

But then buying 10p's worth of toffee bonbons or kola-kubes every day on the way home from school for seven years will do that.

You just have to eat it, I have a teaspoon full a day for a couple of weeks before going to Scotland.
I think it's got vitamin D in it and the midges don't like it.
Eating a diet high in fresh fruit and veg will have the same effect. The midgies are jock, remember.

Kirkz

LE
Eating a diet high in fresh fruit and veg will have the same effect. The midgies are jock, remember.
Hmmmm, might make a salad suit.

Latest Threads