Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How shit is Cadbury chocolate

Army rumour service. and you thought a thread on chocolate was a good idea?

...but had the thread been titled "Yorkie. It's not for civvies", you'd have been OK with it?

cheekyruby

War Hero
Milk tray utter shite so is ferrero rocher,, and dont get me started on that hershy crap it smells that bad I couldnt bring myself to eat it,....

Love dark chocolate, and most other chocolate.....hmmmm...

As far as I'm concerned Cadbury is the best chocolate in the world! I genuinely love the taste, especially Wispas.

This lady does not love Milk Tray but I do sometimes indulge in Dairy Milk if from the UK, not the horrible US version. For some inexplicable reason I don't like the new rounded version, I preferred the flat chunks. Now if only they would bring back Tiffin ...

My current chocolat du jour is this, 2 squares a night only!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
...but had the thread been titled "Yorkie. It's not for civvies", you'd have been OK with it?

proper yorkie is okay but the rat pack one is not the same. its worse than the coating on kitkats IMO.

Now if only they would bring back Tiffin ...

They never will, dear, it's obviously before your time but there's still too many old knackers, like me, still alive, who remember why they withdrew it.

Tiffin Bars

There was a lot of Tiffin bars in 24 hour compo rations after that.
They're not called rat packs for nothing, you know.

They never will, dear, it's obviously before your time but there's still too many old knackers, like me, still alive, who remember why they withdrew it.

Tiffin Bars

There was a lot of Tiffin bars in 24 hour compo rations after that.
They're not called rat packs for nothing, you know.

I certainly do remember Tiffins, got them out the vending machines. I think they are still available in Ireland. Probably equine flavoured nowadays ...

I'm also old enough to remember Fry's Five Boys and giant boxes of Smarties.

Emsav

RIP
RIP
One of my colleagues is a Belgian guy who lives near Bruges, and every time I've gone over to see him he's asked if I can bring a tin of Quality Streets, for some reason he prefers them to the proper stuff his country is famous for!

Hmmmm Belgian you say? What he actually wants to Quality Street for is to lure unsuspecting children into his cellar - the other stuff (or maybe snuff) his country is infamous for!

Now that is chocolate with real panache

As if we would listen to advice on food from the only country that's upset if any beef is found in their horse meat.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I certainly do remember Tiffins, got them out the vending machines. I think they are still available in Ireland. Probably equine flavoured nowadays ...

I'm also old enough to remember Fry's Five Boys and giant boxes of Smarties.

rowntrees factory shop - bags of smarties the size of a bag of sugar. serious stuff when you're a kid

Milk tray utter shite so is ferrero rocher,, and dont get me started on that hershy crap it smells that bad I couldnt bring myself to eat it,....

Love dark chocolate, and most other chocolate.....hmmmm...

I'm with you on Ferrero Rocher. Chocolate should be a treat. Ferrero Rocher is full of sharp bits that hurt the inside of your mouth.
The ambassador can go fuck himself.

Similarly, chocolate cornflake cakes are an instrument of torture. So is Toblerone if you try biting into it and the pointy bit goes in that bit between your teeth and upper lip. They should both have government health warnings.

Edited to add:... and those fucking packets of Toffee Poppets that they used to sell from the machine on station platforms. In the winter they would be so hard they'd bust every tooth in your head. I tell you, you're better off smoking.

Chocolate should not hurt.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Now made elsewhere, Cadbury's is just a name. I did some photography work for a promotions firm a couple of months ago, which involved visiting small retailers to promote Cadbury's. All the displays had Nestle and Mars in pride of place, a couple of retailers pointed out that Cadbury's was now so sweet and claggy that hardly anyone bought it any more. Also they made all the bars smaller.

Used to be made in Bristol until about three years ago, sold out to an American Cheese company; 'Craft'?
The owner director, who was a son or Grandson of the founder, sold up and placed 380 people on the dole. As a parting shot, he got 'The Queen's award for Industry' Apparently prior to sale Cadbury used specially selected cocoa beans etc, all by the wayside now with Craft cheese. Probably explains the Cheesy taste?

T

trowel

I'm with you on Ferrero Rocher. Chocolate should be a treat. Ferrero Rocher is full of sharp bits that hurt the inside of your mouth.
The ambassador can go fuck himself.

Similarly, chocolate cornflake cakes are an instrument of torture. So is Toblerone if you try biting into it and the pointy bit goes in that bit between your teeth and upper lip. They should both have government health warnings.

Edited to add:... and those fucking packets of Toffee Poppets that they used to sell from the machine on station platforms. In the winter they would be so hard they'd bust every tooth in your head. I tell you, you're better off smoking.

Chocolate should not hurt.
All you have to do is suck. You know how to suck don,t you?

Latest Threads