How shit is Cadbury chocolate

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Drinks such as colas and even orange juice contain weak acids e.g. acetic acid (vinegar) and citic acid (as contained in oranges, lemons etc).

These are what have the cleaning effect. Ditto brown sauces have acetic acid content hence cleaning up pennies in brown sauce.
Slightly more, having watched boatmen use it to soften pitch on boats to the point where it can be rolled off.

Tried Guylian but it tasted similar to a veggies attempt at choccies, there was a weird aftertaste of soap
I think Guylian were trying to recapture the experience of Woolworth's own brand pic'n'mix chocolate.

Guylian only exists so that when you are visiting people at Christmas who you don't like very much, you've got something to take along.

Tried Guylian but it tasted similar to a veggies attempt at choccies, there was a weird aftertaste of soap
I got that impression as well. Plus it seems to stick to the roof of my mouth and doesn't go down very well.
Ritter Sport, on the other hand, is very nice and I particularly like the peppermint ones.

There's a Valor chocolate factory just up the road from me and we went there on a visit. Some were quite nice but really expensive.
I also shun Cadbury's nowadays (and Heinz baked beans) because of the changes in recipes (reducing sugar for a large part) and, on the rare occasions I do have choccy I stick to Ritter or Nestle.

Recently bought both Coke and Pepsi in glass bottles . I thought the Coke tasted ok but then the Pepsi put it to shame.
If you're ever in the US, look for the Coke made in Mexico, as it uses cane sugar, not high fructose corn syrup (note this doean't always apply to Coke for sale in Mexico itself).

Correct on all counts. They changed the ingredients in the cream egg, it now tastes like shite. The bloody septic's bought out Cadburys, Kraft foods as I remember, and proceeded to stamp their own interpretation on what was once a unequally English product. Yank chocolate does not suite English tastes, its bland and sandy, gritty and overly sweet, and totally unsuitably for human consumption, unless your are a inhabitant of the worlds biggest open air shooting gallery.
Creme Eggs use the same shit chocolate as Hershey Bars because it's cheap.
No self respecting Septic eats Hershey shite.

Last edited:
Dick Winters made his fortune buying Hershey products that didn’t pass quality control and selling them on as cattle feed. There must have been a lot.

Dick Winters made his fortune buying Hershey products that didn’t pass quality control and selling them on as cattle feed. There must have been a lot.
I think he bought the by products of chocolate manufacturing which isnt the same thing.

Drinks such as colas and even orange juice contain weak acids e.g. acetic acid (vinegar) and citic acid (as contained in oranges, lemons etc).

These are what have the cleaning effect. Ditto brown sauces have acetic acid content hence cleaning up pennies in brown sauce.
It's phosphoric acid in Coke that does it but if it's for cleaning then just buy the bloody acid itself (it's used in brewing) too).

Creme Eggs use the same sjt chocolate as Hershey Bars because it's cheap.
No self respecting Septic eats Hershey shite.
Somebody told me that the sour taste of Hershey was in the early days caused by the sour milk that they were unable to keep fresh. When the refrigeration technology had improved, Hershey had to recreate the slightly rancid taste, to which the septics had become accustomed, by other means.

Correct on all counts. They changed the ingredients in the cream egg, it now tastes like shite. The bloody septic's bought out Cadburys, Kraft foods as I remember, and proceeded to stamp their own interpretation on what was once a unequally English product. Yank chocolate does not suite English tastes, its bland and sandy, gritty and overly sweet, and totally unsuitably for human consumption, unless your are a inhabitant of the worlds biggest open air shooting gallery.
IIRC, American consumers on hearing of the takeover, caused a run on all the original Cadburys products that were imported from the UK. Knowing by experience, the shite that was going to follow, I can't say I blamed them. :mrgreen:

Hershey's bought Cadbury. Hershey use non dairy whitener, not real milk, so a bar of cadbury in the US tastes just like a cruddy Hershey bar.

Galaxy is way better than both.

I do like Guylian Belgian Seashells because they have a nutty taste. SWMBO likes Lindor.

I refuse to buy Creme Eggs any more -- they used to be my favourites. B'stards.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
A Mars product. Mars is and always has been American.
Not quite. Although Mars and his son were Americans, the first Mars bar was produced in England (Slough to be a little more exact) in 1932 while the American version made in USA was known as Milky Way.

I thought it was a great shame when Cadbury’s was taken over and that the promises made by the Kraft spokeswoman would likely be broken.
Kraft seems to have had some really shit ideas for their new plaything since taking over and reduced sugar chocolate is the maddest yet
It seems to pander to the sort of fat twats who regard the stuff as a staple food- or it’s aimed at encouraging that attitude.
Surely the whole point of chocolate is that it is an indulgence- a bit unhealthy but delicious: an occasional treat.
Not something that you can eat often but tastes shit.

I thought it was a great shame when Cadbury’s was taken over and that the promises made by the Kraft spokeswoman would likely be broken.
Kraft seems to have had some really shit ideas for their new plaything since taking over and reduced sugar chocolate is the maddest yet
It seems to pander to the sort of fat twats who regard the stuff as a staple food- or it’s aimed at encouraging that attitude.
Surely the whole point of chocolate is that it is an indulgence- a bit unhealthy but delicious: an occasional treat.
Not something that you can eat often but tastes shit.
The whole point of most companies is to make money. Cadburys are doing that.