How shit is Cadbury chocolate

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Cadburys [more correctly Mondelez] have been trading on past glories several years now.
They have been aggressively cutting costs by sacrificing quality.
It will be interesting if new Dairy Milk becomes New CocaCola
Although Mondelez pretend Cadbury is the same it needs to be remembered that recipes have been changed several times. I think the whole idea is to change the taste until it is the same as the septic stuff the company also owns. After all, it's all about profit really and what better way to increase profit by reducing sugar while not reducing the price.

Correct me if I'm wrong but,wasn't Cadburys bought a couple of years ago,by the American firm that make 'Hershey Bars' ?

Bought them out,promised to keep everything the same,and promptly started closing the UK operation down,moving it 'East',and altering the tastes,of most of the sweets!:-\\\\
Correct on all counts. They changed the ingredients in the cream egg, it now tastes like shite. The bloody septic's bought out Cadburys, Kraft foods as I remember, and proceeded to stamp their own interpretation on what was once a unequally English product. Yank chocolate does not suite English tastes, its bland and sandy, gritty and overly sweet, and totally unsuitably for human consumption, unless your are a inhabitant of the worlds biggest open air shooting gallery.

Recently bought both Coke and Pepsi in glass bottles . I thought the Coke tasted ok but then the Pepsi put it to shame.
Having worked at a beer and soft drink canning plant in Sutton coalfield, now closed, if you saw what goes into coke A cola, and its effect on dirt and grime on tools, left in a bucket overnight, and the miniscule amounts of the "Secret ingredient" that is added ( 4 Gallons) to 1400 Lts of liquid sugar, the 13 Kilos of preservative, and several gallons of molasses, no way would you drink it. I suspect that Pepsi contains similar toxic substances. By the by, in the 50's the cigarette company's were well aware of the cancer causing effects of their products, and eminent doctors were " Persuaded" to keep schtum, the products were vigorously promoted and sold to a mostly un-suspecting public. We now know differently. Coke a cola, harmful?.....just saying like,....... allegedly!

Cadburys [more correctly Mondelez] have been trading on past glories several years now.
They have been aggressively cutting costs by sacrificing quality.
It will be interesting if new Dairy Milk becomes New CocaCola
Even stuff like Bournville that you'd hope they wouldn't mess with tastes a bit American now, might as well by choccies from Aldi and or Lidl cheaper and taster nicer

Even stuff like Bournville that you'd hope they wouldn't mess with tastes a bit American now, might as well by choccies from Aldi and or Lidl cheaper and taster nicer

Try the boxhead chocolate "Ritter Sport" good scoff, now relatively cheap, and in about 20 different flavours, I got some from Home bargains for 79p, and Aldi sometimes have them in, being a kraut product, means the septic's haven't got their meddlesome hands on it yet. Also try the Belgium maker "Guylian" They are appearing in more and more outlets, as Cadburys are being rejected by more and more people, the other makers are filling the void.

Having worked at a beer and soft drink canning plant in Sutton coalfield, now closed, if you saw what goes into coke A cola, and its effect on dirt and grime on tools, left in a bucket overnight, and the miniscule amounts of the "Secret ingredient" that is added ( 4 Gallons) to 1400 Lts of liquid sugar, the 13 Kilos of preservative, and several gallons of molasses, no way would you drink it. I suspect that Pepsi contains similar toxic substances. By the by, in the 50's the cigarette company's were well aware of the cancer causing effects of their products, and eminent doctors were " Persuaded" to keep schtum, the products were vigorously promoted and sold to a mostly un-suspecting public. We now know differently. Coke a cola, harmful?.....just saying like,....... allegedly!
Well aware of that , thats why i rarely drink it , only as a treat or when exceptionally knackered as a pick me up .

Everything in moderation

Nothing can be as vomit inducing as this utter dog toffee...and to think I scoffed it as a kid.

I don't buy Cadbury chocolate any more, nor have done so for a number of years. It completely differs very noticeably from the good old days...greasy and ertsatz by comparison.
They must think we the public are thick.....
Oh...hold on..........:rolleyes:

On the upside, Toblerone are ditching the "spaced out" WTF bar and returning to the full fat version.
Allegedly.

Last edited:
Seconded.

Although ALDI UK has a poorer selection than the shops in Germany, for some strange reason. "Cadburys" is nothing like the stuff we had before and it's overpriced shite.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Well aware of that , thats why i rarely drink it , only as a treat or when exceptionally knackered as a pick me up .

Everything in moderation
Having seen some of the things which can be done with colas, I never touch the stuff, other than for cleaning things.

Having worked at a beer and soft drink canning plant in Sutton coalfield, now closed, if you saw what goes into coke A cola, and its effect on dirt and grime on tools, left in a bucket overnight,
What a load of horseshit, if you leave dirty/grimy tools in orange juice it will have the same effect does that mean fruit is harmful?

What a load of horseshit, if you leave dirty/grimy tools in orange juice it will have the same effect does that mean fruit is harmful?
It is while it's still in the tin.

Drinks such as colas and even orange juice contain weak acids e.g. acetic acid (vinegar) and citic acid (as contained in oranges, lemons etc).

These are what have the cleaning effect. Ditto brown sauces have acetic acid content hence cleaning up pennies in brown sauce.

Drinks such as colas and even orange juice contain weak acids e.g. acetic acid (vinegar) and citic acid (as contained in oranges, lemons etc).

These are what have the cleaning effect. Ditto brown sauces have acetic acid content hence cleaning up pennies in brown sauce.
You would think anyone with any common sense would know that instead of making up fairy stories about coca cola.

Fruit is lethal, it has an adverse effect on pies.

Nothing can be as vomit inducing as this utter dog toffee...and to think I scoffed it as a kid.

I don't buy Cadbury chocolate any more, nor have done so for a number of years. It completely differs very noticeably from the good old days...greasy and ertsatz by comparison.
They must think we the public are thick.....
Oh...hold on..........:rolleyes:

On the upside, Toblerone are ditching the "spaced out" WTF bar and returning to the full fat version.
Allegedly.

It was in the DM, with pictures, but they are upping the price, for what is basically the same product that they ballsed up 2 years ago. So it must be true.....allegedly

Try the boxhead chocolate "Ritter Sport" good scoff, now relatively cheap, and in about 20 different flavours, I got some from Home bargains for 79p, and Aldi sometimes have them in, being a kraut product, means the septic's haven't got their meddlesome hands on it yet. Also try the Belgium maker "Guylian" They are appearing in more and more outlets, as Cadburys are being rejected by more and more people, the other makers are filling the void.
Tried Guylian but it tasted similar to a veggies attempt at choccies, there was a weird aftertaste of soap