Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How safe is Credas ID verification?

Spacehopper383

War Hero
I'm just about to put the house up for sale and the estate agent has sent me a link to an app called Credas.
Has anyone got experience of this app? (I can't find a pc version of this) and the reviews on googleplay are worrying.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
I wouldn't bother - it's simply a middle man repository to store documents that prove you are who you say you are, and for money laundering checks - this is just to make the estate agents life easier. I've just had a look at their T&Cs and did a quick credit check on them too. (I do this day in day out for work!) THe T&Cs are for the use of website, where it mention liabilities, etc... and refers to T&Cs of Service, yet these (most important) T&Cs are not available online....hmm! Terms & Conditions – Identification Checks Made Simple – Credas

I wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole - they're a fairly new company and don't appear to manage finances well, and I wouldn't trust them to manage very sensitive data either. I'll PM you the report!
You should be able to send all the necessary docs yourself (in person is safest) to your agent.

EDIT - can't send a pdf - PM me if you want a copy :)

Last edited:

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
1600781020310.png

Spacehopper383

War Hero
I wouldn't bother - it's simply a middle man repository to store documents that prove you are who you say you are, and for money laundering checks - this is just to make the estate agents life easier. I've just had a look at their T&Cs and did a quick credit check on them too. (I do this day in day out for work!) THe T&Cs are for the use of website, where it mention liabilities, etc... and refers to T&Cs of Service, yet these (most important) T&Cs are not available online....hmm! Terms & Conditions – Identification Checks Made Simple – Credas

I wouldn't touch them with someone elses barge pole - they're a fairly new company and don't appear to manage finances well, and I wouldn't trust them to manage very sensitive data either. I'll PM you the report!
You should be able to send all the necessary docs yourself (in person is safest) to your agent.

EDIT - can't send a pdf - PM me if you want a copy :)
Cheers, I'll send you a PM.

They are not the only only on line scammers. I tried and got an ESTA two years ago but the first hits were scammers. Plenty of sites who pay GOOGLE a premium to be top of the search result. So first hits are middle men charging way above the odds.

Even this month , trying to get a UK Police check , first hit was a scammer / middle man wanting 100 quid for nothing.

I used them for ID confirmation during my house sale, which was during the lockdown, so was really the only option. Not the greatest App I've ever used but got the job done quickly.

Latest Threads